Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Will angels ever be as accurate as cockers?

harry (chill)

Jul 7, 2001
surbiton (surrey)
Visit site
PAUL

YOU know when u are a young man, hair starts growwing where hair was not before, and your voice goes deeper!
have u ****ING STARTED IT YET, U ARSE BANDIT!
FIUCK FEATURE#
RECTUM RAIDER
UPHILL GARDENER
GOODY TWO SHOES
WHITE BRED CHICKEN **** MOTHER ****ER?

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
Dear dear. . . there aint half some **** being spouted in this thread....well heres hope fully a bit more sense!

Distance, right basically every single marker that fires the same ball through the same barrel will go the same distance (give or take a few metres). Why? Well if you throw 2 of the same things (2 tennis balls for example) with the same amount of force how far will they go? The SAME BLOODY distance. Its the same with paintballs the amount of force required to get a ball to 290 fps is the same, no matter if its low pressure force or higher pressure the actual energy required is exactly the same....

Consistancy, this is where the higher end guns out strip the lower end, by delivering the same amount of force behind the ball everytime and being able to maintain that at high rates of fire. This being dependant on air supply, regulation, valve and bolt flow But this also obviously comes down to ball to barrel match, worse the fit more of the air delivered is wasted.

Good consistancy and ball to barrel match will provide accuracy.....accuracy also has all the extra faults as well i.e. ability to aim, amount of kick from the gun and roundness of balls etc.

So that the way I see and as many facts as i cant be bother to type! if ya doubt any of that or don't believe it. . . . . i aint bothered! :p

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
The bolt and valve won't effect the distance, the flow of air from the air chamber is controlled by the valve the hammer will open the valve long enough to allow the required amount of air through to the bolt which in turn delivers it behind the ball.

The amount of air/energy is exactly the same no matter what the gun is. If your running low pressure your valve will need a high flow rate and set (sprung) to be open for long enough to let the amount of air through required to propel the ball at 290fps. Where as higher pressure you need less of the high pressure air to provide the same energy.

The bolt purely allows a concentrated route for the air to hit the ball, even if the bolt is the crappest flowing design possible the actual air/energy required to propel the bal at 290fps is the same.

The valve and bolt effects the consistancy rather than the distance a ball with travel.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Originally posted by matt bryant
sooo u r tellin me that all the back players that use cockers use them because they like tha balance? wot u dont think range or accuracy comes into it at all?
Actaully Matt... Range has nothing to do with the marker. It is called volocity. The volocity determines how far the ball is going to travel. Now yes a gun that is well timed and tuned will not vary in it's volocity, but if both a Cocker and Angel but set the volocity at same exact setting the only thing that will vary the balls traveled distance is length of barrel, wind and trueness of the paint being shot!

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
I'am indeed, all the bolts around with higher flows etc. are there to improve the consistancy, the faster air can flow through a bolt to the ball the more likely you are to get the same amount of air behind the ball.

If the bolt chokes the air flow then at faster rates of fire the amount of air required to get to the ball to 290fps won't get there so giving drop off, think about how long air has got to travel from the valve through the bolt when firing at 13bps.

There is a lot of open faced bolts about (big holes basically) which give the air a large path for the air to flow.

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
The Battle at Hand

Paul and Matt. I will be happy to marshall your one on one competition. I would love to see the two of you take all your hostility on the field!!!!! Paintball RULES!!!!:D