Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Will my marker do the job????

tom9

myspace.com/tombickley
Jul 8, 2003
carlisle uk
Visit site
not sure bout the threads on this setup but...

1. locking feedneck (if produced)
2. new barrel system
3. rail (gives you a better grip on the gun and an easier way to snap shoot the right way, lowers profile of the setup plus some other stuff)
4. a new front reg, will also give you a better grip...doesnt look like much to hold onto there now

could be kool if ya got some hybrid grip panels to :)

thats what i would do if i had it and had the cash

tom
:D

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
technically im a gimp. so no i dont have a useful answer. i know what you mean when you cock a spyder it can still dry fire. same as with cockers.

pm stark surely he can tell you.

[edit] what war...p+q's were observed throughout the post.

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
I'm guessing the BM2k works on the similar principal to the impulse and most other electrepneumo's, solenoid, hammer, valve, etc, etc...in that case the non-cocking is standard, so it's nothing to worry about...the bolt is pinned into the carrier which is moved about below by magical electro-pneumatically bits as opposed to blowbacks which use springs and stuff to move the carrier about.

I'm not techie enough to know why (did i make it obvious enough? :p) yet, until i've stripped my Impy and read loads of threads up and down the length and breadth of t'internet but it's nowt to worry about, all functioning normally :)

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
basicly right nick:)
but in easyer terms
a blow back is mechanical,the hammer is blown back by the gas pressure and is held by the sear(a metal bar with a tooth on) this is conected to the trigger,when you pull the trigger the bolt is released and the spring behind the bolt pushes it forward.
on a electro phneumatic,the bolt works on gas preasure either side and the tigger operates a electric switch inside(solanoid).when pulled the electrics stop the gas flow one side briefly alowing the marker to fire:D
hope thats easyer:)

stark

Apr 25, 2003
London, UK
tamber.com
Yup. Bushys, Impluses, Angels, Cyborgs, Egos and Timmys all work on the same principle.

I should have been more specific about the ASA - You can have 2, one on the bottom of your grip which your tank screws into... assuming your using a screw in tank. The other ASA - which BTW is threaded the same as the tank ASA, is what your High Pressure Regulator screws into.

I was reffering the HPR ASA, the Eclipse BM2Ks use non-stadard threads so if you want to get a high performance HPR you'll need to buy a new ASA..... like one of these:

http://www.tantrumpaintball.peachhost.com/ct_PRzenb2kasabl.htm

Regarding the who rail/drop debate find you what ever is more comfortable for you.

IMO people with long arms should use a rail so that they dont have to bend their wrist/elbow much when firing. If you have shorter arms then go for a drop forward. Its all about being able to hold and fire your marker with max comfort.

desponge

weekend warrior
Aug 6, 2003
Darlington
Originally posted by stark

IMO people with long arms should use a rail so that they dont have to bend their wrist/elbow much when firing. If you have shorter arms then go for a drop forward. Its all about being able to hold and fire your marker with max comfort.

hey i was gonna say that;) :p :D :D

seen as i started the whole rail/drop forward thingy:D :D

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Yup. Bushys, Impluses, Angels, Cyborgs, Egos and Timmys all work on the same principle.

I should have been more specific about the ASA - You can have 2, one on the bottom of your grip which your tank screws into... assuming your using a screw in tank. The other ASA - which BTW is threaded the same as the tank ASA, is what your High Pressure Regulator screws into.

I was reffering the HPR ASA, the Eclipse BM2Ks use non-stadard threads so if you want to get a high performance HPR you'll need to buy a new ASA..... like one of these:

http://www.tantrumpaintball.peachhost.com/ct_PRzenb2kasabl.htm

Regarding the who rail/drop debate find you what ever is more comfortable for you.

ehhhhhh??????
asa stands for air source adapter ie what the bottle regulator screws into
hpr ??? i take it you meen a inline regulator wich srews ino a regulator mount.
rails make you hold your marker in a more natural position ie away from your body,if you have the marker close to you your elbow sticks way out.
ps i have the shortest arms in the world(well maybe not the world but there fecking short:( )

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob

Its all about being able to hold and fire your marker with max comfort.
as far as im concerned a bang on description.