Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Will we ever get a better sellers market?

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
one way to combat this is having the patience to wait. People think that when it goes past the 2nd page they need to drop £30 off it, maybe they should wait a little longer, as someone searching for a gun will check all of the unread posts.

If all gun sellers ask for a reasonable price and wait for the person who is willing to pay the reasonable price, they shouldn't have a problem right?

and not everyone wants an ion by the way.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
One point i feel i have to make about this.

Markers are shooting far more than, lets say 3 years ago. An average year old marker has done 50 - 100k shots, and is well worn by then, and to expect a second hand price of 20% down on retail is ridiculous.

Most gun designs are sacrificing quality for cost, less weight against strength, and just don't stand up to the rigours of modern paintball.

Be honest, would you buy a marker that's had the crap shot out of it for a nearly new price. When i see a one year old marker up for sale, the first thing i look for is the level of the team the seller has played in.

New models each year has had a bad effect on second hand sales, but if we didn't get a new shiney toy each year, we would be the first to moan, eh guys.!!

Catch 22.

agreed

also kids, remember if you are buying a "team gun" (ie one that has been allocated to a particular team by means of sponsorhip) the player has often got it at a much reduced cost. therefore they can sell there 1 year old gat for 50% retail (ie dm6 for £450) cos thats about what they perhaps paid for it, in some cases even less or free.

hence they are less concerned with getting back a hefty return on what they might have paid over the counter. this then drives the price down as plenty of people out there look at the "market value" as being dictated by the lowest price theyve seen one sell for.

just my 2p

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
Yeah, i think the ion did the market in for second hand guns.

But i'm not complaining. At the start of '04 i payed £400 for a race gun (freeflow cocker, no barrel). Money was tight, so i sold it a couple of months later for what i payed.

Start of this year i got another racegun (this time in shockwave colours with new solinoid and 2 barrels, orig and boomstick) for £165 posted. Now, i play nspl so it only has to do 15bps, sorted. I've been told its heavy, but i'm 15 stone (well, maybe more i don't weigh myself). How much weight could the gun loose compared to me? this gun is gonna stay with me, if i wanna look good playing i'll go out naked and do drive by's on the tape.:D

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
agreed

also kids, remember if you are buying a "team gun" (ie one that has been allocated to a particular team by means of sponsorhip) the player has often got it at a much reduced cost. therefore they can sell there 1 year old gat for 50% retail (ie dm6 for £450) cos thats about what they perhaps paid for it, in some cases even less or free.

hence they are less concerned with getting back a hefty return on what they might have paid over the counter. this then drives the price down as plenty of people out there look at the "market value" as being dictated by the lowest price theyve seen one sell for.

just my 2p
I bought a team gun new not long after them coming out, and within at least 4 weeks the 2nd hand prices had gone down to what I'd paid

£900ish new, coupla weeks =£500 2nd hand :rolleyes:.
2nd hand or even 'as new' price now is £200

You shouldn't be able to sell them off so quickly...makes a mockery of the whole thing :(.

Not saying team guns are bad; I would never have been able to afford £900 for a marker alone ;)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
well some people remember also just get guns for free dont ask me how, then they sell them. these people do their bit to plummet the prices too

if you are sponsored "team guns" rule

you get them at an awesome price it seems and get to use them a lot (being on a team) so anything you do "lose" in terms of value is offset by how much you use it.

ego

oihlk
Jul 24, 2006
London
well some people remember also just get guns for free dont ask me how, then they sell them. these people do their bit to plummet the prices too
Very true. Becuase they got there gat for free....they dont mind what price they get for it. They will put it up cheaply becuase any price will do and then like you said " these people do their bit to plummet the prices"

But in an overall response to the question "Will we ever get a better sellers market", the answer is no.