Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

wiping or cheating???

It seems a little bit of a shame that cheating and large personalities are looked down onso much. Marcus Neilson is a perfect example of how we should sell our sport. Whether we like it or not controversywill always draw attention and with attention comes coverage.

The rules should be more robust and those that enforce them should be suitably qualified and willing to make sure they are followed. But we need to wake up and realise the true theatre of paintball will always be those that push the game to its limits.

We are an extreme sport and we need extreme personalities and conflicts! If you wanna be all clean and prissy then let us stay as we are now!

let the flaming commence!

If you wanta good thread on wiping and the like then have a look at Flash - Bugout's thead in t and t.

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
Did anyone see the joy division v arsenal game on saturday afternoon at cc on the chronic field?

If so you will see that the new thing is to not even bother wiping just carry on playing even though you have been covered in hits an the marshall will just stand there an shrug his shoulders:p :D

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Oh c'mon, it's simple...

Originally posted by Buddha 3
Wiping = cheating = part of the game.

No argument.
GFT

Also - wiping is stupid. Why risk the 3-4-1 when you can usually plan on and get no more than a 1-4-1? Why do you think the hit and run was invented (get hit, take off down the field to bunker someone before the judge notices)?

:rolleyes:

Red Ring Inflictor

Jul 22, 2005
Milky Way
Visit site
Re: Oh c'mon, it's simple...

Originally posted by shamu
...Also - wiping is stupid. Why risk the 3-4-1 when you can usually plan on and get no more than a 1-4-1? Why do you think the hit and run was invented (get hit, take off down the field to bunker someone before the judge notices)?
Yeah, but sometimes you have a job left to do and the need to stay in outweighs the risk. Just ask Markus or Rich or a host of others. ;)

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Originally posted by Red Ring Inflictor
One thing is the recognition that there are people who don't have the slightest moral or ethical restraint regarding wiping a hit off,
funniest post ive read this week. :)

morals and ethics?!

lets get real, this is paintball, not a philosophical debate.

Fact of the matter is that wiping is cheating. Im willing to bet a tenner that every player EVER has done it. im willing to bet another tenner that half of y'all who come on here saying you dont wipe actually do.

a sad fact of the matter is if you really wanna go pro, learn to wipe and play on. there is NO pro team out there who doesn't wipe or play on. its a part of the game and if you wanna be the best and get the glory you are gonna have to learn to do it.

other forms of cheating like gun cheats and velocity cheats suck ass. that requires no skill from the player, and that sorta stuf i dont agree with.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
yeh one of the xsv boys did a beautifull wipe at CC crawled along on his hands and knees like a wounded snake to get rid of a knee hit when he was about 10 feet from a marshall - it was quite impressive especially as he'd made the same move twice before running .

Red Ring Inflictor

Jul 22, 2005
Milky Way
Visit site
Originally posted by Mario
funniest post ive read this week. :)

morals and ethics?!

lets get real, this is paintball, not a philosophical debate.
I am real. Are you? :) If you had read my post you would have seen that what you quoted was an introduction to the same point you're making, that wiping and playing on is what has been required of serious players for a long time. It is, however, a philosophical discussion albeit about something so trivial as paintball. And I think it is immoral and shameful to cheat even if most people, including me, have done it.
Fact of the matter is that wiping is cheating. Im willing to bet a tenner that every player EVER has done it. im willing to bet another tenner that half of y'all who come on here saying you dont wipe actually do.

a sad fact of the matter is if you really wanna go pro, learn to wipe and play on. there is NO pro team out there who doesn't wipe or play on. its a part of the game and if you wanna be the best and get the glory you are gonna have to learn to do it.
This is where you need to get real. Cheating part of the game? Not the way it was orignially designed. Whatta joke! The game is supposed to be about using technical skills, teamwork, communication, good timing, good planning, etc to shoot opponents and win. All built around the basic premise that when someone is marked they are out, immediately, full stop.

To wax moralistic (which I was trying to avoid) it really does suck and it is immoral to cheat someone who has been skilful or lucky enough to mark an opponent.

Yes, it is sad that cheating is so widely accepted, even expected. And my point was, if cheating were kept more in check then the real skills of playing would be more at the forefront and the real game as originally intended would come out.
other forms of cheating like gun cheats and velocity cheats suck ass. that requires no skill from the player, and that sorta stuf i dont agree with.
This really takes the cake! Wiping and playing on are skills?! How can you, with logical consistency maintain that some cheating is OK and involves skill while others are not? But, there I go being philosophical again. :rolleyes:

If you and most players on the planet cheat other players out of what they earned after they've paid all that it takes to be there in the first place then shame on you and everyone else who does it.

MattL

Jan 21, 2005
Visit site
^^^^^^^ 100% man.

P.s., I hope everyone realises that this is a PUBLIC forum, and somewhere that many NEW and PROSPECTIVE players look for advice. Just be aware of what you are condoning, and consider that the next wave of ballers are learning their trade and aspirations from what is said here. This are the people who you WILL play against soon. You are moulding their attitudes in what is considered fair practice as you type. Some of your personal opinions may be better kept personal for the good of the game.

Happy ballin'

Matt

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Originally posted by Red Ring Inflictor
IThis really takes the cake! Wiping and playing on are skills?! How can you, with logical consistency maintain that some cheating is OK and involves skill while others are not? But, there I go being philosophical again. :rolleyes:
hell yea :) course they are skills :) can you wipe a goggle shot off when a marshall is only standing 5 feet from you? that takes skill ;)

the reason i say it takes skill is that its something that a player has to learn to do. its not a screw they can turn or a board they can program.

Like i said before to win today, you have to cheat. Sure its sad but thats the way it is.

morals and ethics - bah, who needs them :)