Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Woman dies following an accident at a paintball site

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfiEgo

Jun 29, 2013
Norwich
Very, very sad condolences to the family.

I hate the way the journalist tries to pin it down to a incident on the field rather then off with his title, I guess that's journalists 4 u.

Reactions: PBWill

5chm3gz

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
Such a shame but a lot of pressure is put onto these managers, they are very rarely allow other staff on site to help with site maintainance. This poor woman should have had someone else nearby to ensure that accidents did not happen. The barriers are 100% wood and are pretty heavy even for a fully grown man. Two people are needed to lift them at least. Plus add the fact that these sites are usually in pretty remote places which are hard to access, its not like someone would have walked by by accident.

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
Condolences and thoughts with her family, but you have to bear in mind it's classic journalism, would you have given the headline a second glance if it had read "Woman dies unloading van", stick the words paintball and horror in there and people will read it, and you did.

Chris-Ed

Oct 28, 2012
Thoughts go out to the friends and family but it is a rather misleading headline.

Wont do the sport any good

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
Very tragic. Manual handling incident unfortunately :-(

Mile from my house. Was umpiring the Saturday and we were getting calls that morning from people asking if they could play at our site as Delta Force had cancelled due to a "Serious Incident". That's all we knew at the time and found out on Monday what had happened. Thoughts go to her family.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thoughts go out to the friends and family but it is a rather misleading headline.

Wont do the sport any good
Why always the negativity on any mention of paintball that doesn't promote the game? It's a factual headline

3 weeks have passed and paintball hasn't ended following this incident, nor been ended by other incidents on paintball site
Apologies chris for picking you out, but a convenient post to quote

This was a terrible accident, which could have still happened if she wasn't alone, but hopefully someone else around could have made a difference, even just dialing 999

If one more life is saved just because site staff think twice about any job they do on site or any other business that has a loan worker or a manager that mucks in and does what needs doing then its worth any cost of a word in a newspaper headline

My thoughts are for the families & friends who have suffered this loss

Chris-Ed

Oct 28, 2012
Why always the negativity on any mention of paintball that doesn't promote the game? It's a factual headline

3 weeks have passed and paintball hasn't ended following this incident, nor been ended by other incidents on paintball site
Apologies chris for picking you out, but a convenient post to quote

This was a terrible accident, which could have still happened if she wasn't alone, but hopefully someone else around could have made a difference, even just dialing 999

If one more life is saved just because site staff think twice about any job they do on site or any other business that has a loan worker or a manager that mucks in and does what needs doing then its worth any cost of a word in a newspaper headline

My thoughts are for the families & friends who have suffered this loss
I wasn't being negative because it doesn't promote the game, I was just making the point, as have others, that its a non paintball related accident and the article headline could have made that clearer.

Its real unfortunate but the circumstances in which she was lone working and managed to get into a situation where she was crushed, there are failings somewhere, I'm sure HSE will be asking questions.

picking on me :-P

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
*SNIP* I'm sure HSE will be asking questions. *SNIP*
I think it was quoted in the papers that it's not something that the HSE will be looking into, but they are or have been assisting the Police with the investigation.

Tom: I think that what the other guys are getting at is that a lot of people don't get past the headline, and just assume the rest.

Reactions: Chris-Ed
Status
Not open for further replies.