woodsball manifesto. Tyger ....Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'll tell you why - I begun playing in 87 in the woods, won pretty much everything there was to win and then I did the same when the game came out of the woods.
I have been there, seen it, done it and and won it, in both the woods and Sup' Air.
I am not saying this to be immodest but to give credence to what I am about to say.
The degree of skill needed to play Sup Air is considerably higher than it is to play in the woods.
The shooting distances are less in Sup Air and so reaction times have to lessened if staying alive is critical, which as far as I remember is the same for both formats.
Greater athleticism is required because sprints done in Sup Air are not generally possible in woods because of uneven and sometimes difficult terrain.

The whole gamut of skills required to play woodland ball is magnified and refined when having to play Sup' Air and trust me on this, I have played both at the highest levels and have written lord knows how many articles on both and there is no doubt, Sup 'Air is for sporstmen and woodsball is for............hmmmmmm........some others.

As for tyger, he's an underachieving wannabee who has banged this drum for years because he's jealous, always has been, always will be.
He has always yearned for the big time, just look at his vids, he's a laughing stock for god's sake and he doesn't even realize.
The only people who look up to him are the very people he doesn't want looking up to him ..... this guy is well and truly fukked in the head.

He once told me there was a conspiracy between all the top pro captains in the US, people like Renick Miller of Aftershock, Bob Long of the Ironmen and Billy and Adam Gardner of the All Americans had contrived to to keep him out of proball.
He believed that he was able to play pro, he believed he was good enough and he also believed all the pros were conspiring to keep him out.
OH MY GOD !!!!!!
They kept him out coz he was sh!t, that's why !!!
Have you ever seen this guy play?
He reminds me of a three legged giraffe lumbering across the Savannah, the man's about as athletic as an anvil.

phillips

bite me
May 21, 2006
As far away from you as possible
So staying hidden in a full action ghillie for instance, perfectign the art of not beign spotted and taking 10 players on your own in one spot befor emoving on. This doesnt require a lot of skill?
The level of skill required to play both is basicly non at all, but to play them well due to the fact mos tpeople who play woods dont do drills and train a lot then woodsball will require less skill to become better than the average joe.
Distances ar elonge rin woodsball thus needing more accuracy, if you go and spray 20 balls on one person whilst the rest of his team are consealed you will give you position away and immidietly be shot out.
Tyger has actually stated on film he isnt good enough to play liek the pro's and he never has any disalusions about hsi weight or physical fitness.
This is the entirety of the attitude I am talking about, woodsball requires different skills but to become excellent you still need to hone them.
e.g. using a strongside tactic is very usefull in woodsball and making that strategy reactive takes a LOT of team work and you need to be working as a team for a while to pull it off .
Now thes etype of tactics are extremely skilled and just as difficualt as some aspects of sup air.
p.s. when making a flag run I have to sprint for a huge distance at pull pace , this is athletiscism and I am very athletic, at times I need to run past the full length of a sup air field( on average) so that statement about running is just plain wrong.

Niox

Mercenary Squirrel
In my opinion some people play woodsball, others play speedball, I just play Paintball.

Thats the key thing to remember we all play the same sport just in different styles, for one side to try and trash talk the other is just stupid, we all love the way we play and its a good thing that we try and promote that way so other can share the lovey dovey enjoyment and the other soppy stuff.

But its idiots that just say:

ZOMG teh w00dsballer are zo n00bs we pwn't dem!!!111111four.

You play your version of paintball and I'll play mine, I respect what you play and how you play as long as you do the same, who knows I may drift over and play speedball one day and drift back and play in the woods the next.

Peace and Love,
Niox

Tw!sted

M0.oL FuGgeR
Oct 25, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Ok, taking the poor guy apart, aside, I totally agree it takes different skills to excel in sup'air than to excel in woodsball.

However, relatively, it takes more (different, if you have to :confused:) skill to excel in sup'air than in woodsball. I don't suppose there is anyway of testing this as such because there are no proper, inernational tournement series that are as organised as NPPL or PSP, so we can't say, at the end of 2/3 years say the top three from each league play in the other and see how they get on. Don't start on with that SpecOps woodsball tourney bollocks, it's one country and a VERY small market that that league is catering towards.

It seems to me that Xball is more of a 'sport' than '7man' and as they are, together sup'air; sup'air is more of a sport than woodsball.

The manifesto seems to have every angle locked up without saying a right deal to be hoenst, he says that woodsball is predominantly about participation and they are quite happy that they get no recognition, what's he whining about then???? If he's happy and 'proud' to be a woodsballer, why present such a manifesto? It only serves to show himself as bitter and perhaps backup Robbos point that the guy couldn't make it as a pro and saw the only way 'out' to side with the others.

As I said before, it's different skills needed to compete in each but proportionally, it takes more skills from a more diverse range of skills (i seem to be typing that word a lot) to compete at the highest level in sup'sir tounements than in any sort of stuctured woodsball tournements, at an international level.

Need more beer... 7 pints and I'm still talking politics... TO THE BAR!!!

phillips

bite me
May 21, 2006
The entirety of Canada and the U.S.A and the entire scenario and woodsball community is a small part of the market?
The participation of woodsball /scenario events and the like far outweight tornement paintball, our country caught the back end of the woods phenomenom, most countrys play mostly allt he other aspect sof the sport.
Saying it takes more skill to reach the top is like comparing football to curling, both take huge ammounts of skill but to reach the top of the spor tof curling is realtivly easy( compared to footballs number one team) this is because there is more money invested in making these top teams and there is mor esupport from thm in the way of training and competition, however it does not mean that it takes less skill.
Also woodsball reuires a larger array of skills than sup air, thing liek large scale tactics, you can get just as close in firefights as in sup air but you also have veyr long range shooitng.
The situation changes all the time in woodsball so you have to adapt where as sup air is the same generic set up game typ eeveyr signle time.
Now you hav e alot more variables in woodsball then sup air that isnt denialble thus needing more adaptablility.
However sup air is a lot faster paced and requires a lot quicker thinkign of the brake, woods requires hard thinking on the brake.
They are two contrasting sports but are in my opinion equil, yes aspeedball has more sporting competition but that was on eof the main gripes I have, both can be very entertaining.

Tw!sted

M0.oL FuGgeR
Oct 25, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
The entirety of Canada and the U.S.A
Don't play woodsball. Granted, they get engaged in paintball through woodsball punter days; whether they play again and participate on a higher plain than punter days, they still contribute to woodsball's advocate's overwhelming figures. Germany; not to arselick here Robbo but your article earlier this year summed it up wuite nicely; aren't allowed to play paintball in the woods, so the only paintball they are exposed to is sup'air. The USA, Canada and U.K. are exposed to woodsball at a basic level (through punter days) and of the people that carry it on, most turn to sup'air rather than staying with woodsball as a means of 'sporting profession/activity.

Woodsballers would have us believe that 'sup'air only cotributes 10-15% of the whole of paintballs players; ok, that maybe true holistically, but taking out punter ball's figures and only counting those players with their own gear, that play paintball as a recreation, sport or hobby, rather than those of a birthday or works outing; sup'air would contribute of helluva lot more to the industry than woodsball.

The market is shifting, the companies that are one step ahead have realised this and are acting accordingly, but none of this answers my point about Tyger; if he's so happy about being a 'woodsballer through and through, and has accepted his fate as a woodsballer (tragically *sigh* misunderstood); why post a 'woodsball manifesto'? He likes being part of a subculture of a subculture it seems, yet he craves recognition from the part of the activity that is recognized as a sport, for being an 'anti-hero'. If he likes this image so much, why post up highlighting the fact, when, part of this image that he is so much a happy part of, is to be out of the limelight. Bitterness can be the only conceivable explanation.

Again, not to arselick but for any of the guys saying that 'woodsball is more skillful than sup'air' read Baca Loco's articles every month on the ins and outs of Xball. A breakout lasts all on 10-15 seconds yet this 1 aspect of the game was broken down into god knows how many words and was explained in such detail that I sat there thinking 'WTF?!'. Woodsball games, even at the 'highest level' (of the most dis-clusive and inacessable league) last loads longer, with more players, than an Xball or 7man game, yet I believe there is alot more going on, at a higher level of intellect and understanding, there than any woodsball game of the same calibre.

Woodball seems to be alot more about common sense (overload one side of the field and shoot tiwards the other) than sup'air where skill sets and schemas for certain situations are so alien to the untrained mind and body, that they have to be drilled, and drilled and drilled to get the same consitency and autonomos-ness out of a player, than in woodsball.

Gandalf

Banned
Jun 16, 2006
I'll tell you why - I begun playing in 87 in the woods, won pretty much everything there was to win and then I did the same when the game came out of the woods.
I have been there, seen it, done it and and won it, in both the woods and Sup' Air.
I am not saying this to be immodest but to give credence to what I am about to say.
The degree of skill needed to play Sup Air is considerably higher than it is to play in the woods.
The shooting distances are less in Sup Air and so reaction times have to lessened if staying alive is critical, which as far as I remember is the same for both formats.
Greater athleticism is required because sprints done in Sup Air are not generally possible in woods because of uneven and sometimes difficult terrain.
So you think you are the only one. I started playing in 86 woop de do. BTDT to. Dam you are so full of yourself. You are 90% as sad as you say Tyger is and sound like a bigger idiot.

to add.....this would have been my second post but the Madrid cylinder thread got deleted[wonder Why?] it had my first post in it

phillips

bite me
May 21, 2006
True and the fact that TW!STED simplified woodsball tactics down to that level is quite frankly belittling. I could simplify any sport that way to make it sound simplistic.e.g. all football consists of is kicking a ball.( we all know to reach the highest level it takes a LOT of skill and hours upon hours of training and fitness)
You think a lot of SPPL members dont train and do drills? well they do, woodsball just doesn thav ethe infrastructure and support that sup air does e.g. trainign gyms.
Although a lot of skilsl in woodsball are related to sup air e.g. a hammer would need to walk the trigger as fast as he could to give covering fire as a flanking manouvir took place, or a a distractionwhilst a dummy action took place. There are so many variables tothe woods that sup air does not and requires more adaptability ye tsup air requires snap reaction.
You need to snap shoot in woodsball a lot especially if ambushed, and to create and ambush takes great intelect and team work(constant communication much liek sup air players have).
You planly stated that sup air takes more skill than woods and over simplify startegys.
In woodsball you may have to take into account how one person coudl slip through your lined on a 40 acre field when ther ei sonly 30 of you playing on one side, to combat this takes a lot of skill.
Put my team up against anyone once we have drileld and can afford to train regularly, we don't use simplified means and we do and will hone skills liek snap shooting ,shooting lanes( yes that needs to be done quite a lot in woodsball) strongsides,lazy D manouvirs, force multiplying and a whole hos tof other techniques.
Longballing is a skill in itself, the variables liek if someone has say a Timmy with an Apex churnign out 15 bps up to 300 feet around th eflag you have to figure out a way to capture the flag with an extreme disadvanatge( the person with the timmy and th eApex would be the force mutiplyer.)
Woodsball has and is evolving as is supair,however put experienced woodsballersin a sup air field an dunless they also play sup air a lot they wont play well.( most woodsballers do play some sup air at least)The same can be said if you put a sup air team against some hardened woodsballers who use a reactive lady d, they wont know what had hit them because their team wouldnt be structured to deal with that threat.

Alien_Balliztix

Diet Coke with Cherry
So you think you are the only one. I started playing in 86 woop de do. BTDT to. Dam you are so full of yourself. You are 90% as sad as you say Tyger is and sound like a bigger idiot.

to add.....this would have been my second post but the Madrid cylinder thread got deleted[wonder Why?] it had my first post in it
Ass Kicking Imminent!!! Ass Kicking Imminent!!! Ass Kicking Imminent!!!

Please collect all hand Luggage before departing.:D

WKD

Apr 7, 2002
East yorkshire
Visit site
At the end of the day it doesnt matter about which is better and has the best tactics yada yada yada. The main reason is main stream exposure to the average joe in the streets now ive played woodsball 10man 20min games you try and sell that to the man in the street its not a good game type to film now you take sup air open fields filming can be done from the top of towers or on the field itself smaller area to cover no trees or bushes in the way. The games are fast and exciting to a point its all about getting paintball onto the tv and get it properly recognised as a sport cos at the mo most people out on the streets still think that paintball is a game played by army wanna be's in the woods dressed in camo. Yes there is that game type but it aint as comercially viable and spectator friendly as sup air!!!

And Gandalf your a idiot and im sure your just someone who is way too scared to come on here and post under their real name and are just out to goad people into arguements and slang matches BTDT :rolleyes:

2nd post to be honest i wouldnt bother posting again if this is the crap that spills from your brain.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.