Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Woodsball player with decent experience looking to buy first kit.

TommyK1993

Feb 9, 2012
Hi, I'm a student who has recently joined my Uni's paintball society and I basically want to buy my first kit (as student budget is always tight so good advice on cheap but good kit is welcome), my brother is an experienced speedball player so he has given me some advice about basic equipment (good masks and so on) but I'd like a further opinion, the things I'm interested in are mainly;

a mask (apparently it's better to go with one that has interchangable lenses
possibly gloves
not looking for a marker just yet

all suggestion and advice is highly welcoming :)

Thanks

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
Depends on how much you have to spend, what you like the look of and what fits you best. you could pick up a good condition pair or dye i4s used on here for around £50, same for the sly profits (both have a quick change lense system). I personally recommend spending a little more on a mask to get something decent, but thats just from my experience. For gloves it depends on whether you want fingerless, two fingers cut or full fingered. I use two fingers cut gloves as you still feel trigger without the rest of your fingers freezing. X

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
cant go wrong with some empire e-vents or avatars good face coverage and nice easy lense change same with slys and proto pro axis also the axis get a fan add-on if you find fogging an issue
dye i4s are very light with easy lense changes but my opinion is they are too small for quite a few people so try them on before you buy as ive taken many a shot to the chin and just above eyebrow

definatly try and go to a store to try them and see which you like as its personal preferance at the end of the day

Jestar

Jun 15, 2009
Tonbridge
If youve joined a paintball society see what kit you can try on and what works for you.

This forum is great for picking up decent priced and generally well looked after gear. Personaly I like the vforce Grillz, simple enough to change lenses etc. JT flex range are the best for personalisation though as you can have so many combinations, lense can be a bit of a pain to change though.

spc632

Sep 1, 2008
for me if you can get the JT prflex great breath ability as well as you can play about with the look of the mask

TommyK1993

Feb 9, 2012
Thanks guys, I have an event coming up so I'm going to ask members of the society and marshals at the event if I can borrow their masks just to try them on to see the fit, thanks :)

TommyK1993

Feb 9, 2012
After all the looking around I've successfully got my hands on a nice pair of Dye i4 Liquid Red's, and they're the best thing I've bought in years :D