The Home Of European Paintball

woodsball techniques

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Yep. Trying to be helpful. For clarity's sake, I meant:

Do not take your goggles off unless you are in a designated safe zone, where people are not allowed to have their markers without an approved barrel blocking device.

You do indeed need two eyes for normal depth perception. I made this comment in order to drive home the importance of what I was saying.

Maybe I was being too oblique. Either way, I guess the kiddies have got it, now. I hope so.

;) <--- that is what you'd look like with one eye shot out, by the way, except that you'd have a sad face instead of a smile. Also, you might wear an eye patch, which would look like one of those kids with really bad pink eye, not like a pirate. Also, there are no more galleons sailing the Spanish Main, so being a pirate in this day and age isn't all it once was, mateys.

section 8

doggy dog...
Feb 24, 2006
southampton
Visit site
Originally posted by Magic_8ball
Erm I dont think gyroscope was suggesting you remove your goggles on the field at all :|

He even said "depth perception is important in paintball" - obviously you need two eyes for this.

I think the only reason Gyro didnt say "take your goggs off in the safe zone" is cos the newby asking the question may not even know what one is. In other words, he was trying to be helpful - maybe you should give that a go :)
lol forum guys make me laugh!!! by the way he wrote it he said "Don't take off your goggles until you are somewhere that no one is allowed to shoot. Depth perception is so important in paintball"... the way he constructed the sentence it looked praxically as though he meant that dont take your goggles off, until your in an area that no one is allowed to shoot, as depth perception is important... this, in terms of meaning in a correct grammatical english sentence and paragraph, or as it is known as a sematic field, suggests that if you take your goggles off you lose the depth perception that you had with them on...

i just thought it was funny this morning... obviously no one can take being pointed at for once... plus forums always make people look more aggy than they generally are - for this i am sorry...

at 9ish in the morning it sounded funny and made me chuckle... so 8 ball, i am sorry for offence and will try to be ever the more helpful you knob!

thanks
Scott B

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Ok, I see where that is funny, but who really thinks that you have better depth perception due to goggles? Binocular vision is what gives us depth perception, and I think most people know this.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
See, that question presupposes two eyes. I guess you could get used to anything, including two telescopes on your face, so long as it was all the time.*

*After all, I am still participating in this discussion, so clearly acclimatization is pretty powerful stuff.