Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

World Cup - Chantilly!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Wow really? I know there were some tight lanes to get through. But I made it to D1 off the break...and I'm old and not as speedy as I used to be. Other than that we had some super quick games in OD3 land.

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
New layouts up.

Identical to the DPL layout, except they swapped the back centre can with the snakeside cone near the '50 line.

So yep, a cone in back centre. Time to start losing weight I think!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
oof yep, no back center. I thought they might go that way. Looks like heavy snake side pushes. Also...anyone lookin for 1 more, I am available for OD2/3 :D

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
New layouts up.

Identical to the DPL layout, except they swapped the back centre can with the snakeside cone near the '50 line.

So yep, a cone in back centre. Time to start losing weight I think!
I saw two guys queueing up behind the back centre cone at CPPS......it didn't work out too well.

What you need to do is send 2 guys to the Snakeside Temple, the one just ahead and to the right of the centre cone.One shoots D-side and locks down D1/D2, the other shoots Snakeside to stop anyone getting in the snake.

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
I saw two guys queueing up behind the back centre cone at CPPS......it didn't work out too well.

What you need to do is send 2 guys to the Snakeside Temple, the one just ahead and to the right of the centre cone.One shoots D-side and locks down D1/D2, the other shoots Snakeside to stop anyone getting in the snake.
Yep our 5man team figured that out when we played SPL at Bricket Wood. Of course the Race2 team completely missed it in the morning and somehow decided we could keep me alive in back centre cone o_O Some incredible lanes on the Dorito side so only 2 made it wide that side off the break all day, but playing the cone only really worked when we got the snakeside break kills... It's a great delay, but it's easy to get pinned there by the Dorito side can and then pinched from snakeside if they get to corner, second temple or tall cake. I'm interested to see how the pro's play it though, and if anyone will chance that Dorito 1 run off the break!

Just checking the start time as the streaming sometimes doesn't show the first few games.

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
It's upsetting that we never get excited for this anymore. So **** you guys, I'm writing something up. Let's support the UK Teams.
So lets break this weekend down.

We've got, from the UK;
CPL
Tigers - currently 11th
Nexus - currently 14th

Nexus have had a bit of a tumultuous season this year, starting off poorly with two 16th places and then coming back in Basildon to make Sunday and take 8th place. They're currently 12 points clear of the relegation zone and, shy of Vision placing 12th with Nexus 16th, holding on to their CPL spot for next year. Rumour has it Nexus have only managed to take 5 players to this event, so will need to rely on their veteran guys of Ash Chaplin and Shaun Hasel to lead the younger players (I say younger, there's also Gräään)

Tigers have been consistently winning that one game to keep them off of the bottom of the tables, but with their core guys old veterans of the game, they're surely wanting more. Kyle Milton, alongside the Keats brothers and some of their newer talent (Nicky Honing and Luke Darbyshire) should be fighting their way into Sunday. I'd like to see them play clean, cut down those 1-4-1s and put on a good showing this weekend.

SPL
Manchester Firm - currently 2nd
Birmingham Disruption - currently 10th
Outcast - Currently 14th

Now this bracket is interesting. The Firm have two american guests with them in Brad McCurley and Damian Ryan, but so far this hasn't been enough to see them win an event. The SPL bracket is tight at the top, with only 6 points separating #1 and #3 . The firm are currently sat in 2nd, needing only to place one position higher than Scorpions to take the series. At the same time, they are currently in the promotion zone to go up to CPL, however a 3rd place behind Scorpions and Fivestar could see them lose their promotion spot. It's no secret that The Firm have been struggling to put everything together here at home, but seem to flourish under the guidance of the Infamous guys.

On the Contrary, Disruption have been a staple feature on the podiums of the CPPS, but seemingly struggling more abroad, taking 18th 5th and 9th place. Disruption have the depth and a stable roster to put a challenge in to the SPL podium, but will they pull together and move themselves up a couple of ranks.

Outcast had a stacked roster early this year, but unfortunately were unable to hold a roster together and were no shows at the last CPPS with multiple sources saying that they'd disbanded. Shame to see.

Div 1
Lucky 15s - currently 4th
Durham DV8 - currently 21st
London Nexus 2 - currently 22nd
London Tigers 2 - currently 25th

Ainsleys Lucky15s have been outstanding this season, no bones about it, they've kept the same core of their team for a few years now, and they're really starting to play well together. This team has come on leaps and bounds. they're currently 4 points deep into the promotion bracket, and will be looking to come back from a disappointing 14th in Basildon. They're 12 points behind a well performing Fivestar 2, but will be looking to go up for next year and keep their form.

I would like to be able to write more, but unfortunately that's about the limits for me. So here's the rest of the UK teams going out.

Div 2
Warped - currently 11th

Div 3
Dv8 2
Topcats

Div 4
Collateral Damage

I'll try and get some more information for you as and when my work allows, but it will be from livescores and when I can, the webcast.
@onasilverbike will be keeping us updated on the ground.

Best of luck to all the UK teams going out.