Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

World Cup - Chantilly!

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Good points, well made. Accom and travel are often things ovrrlooked when looking at intial costs I guess.

The mills are often moaned at for being overpriced, especially when things like grandstand seats and parking are extras to purchase, (genrrally only in france) or pit crew having to pay, even players having to pay to be registered, even though they just paid an entry fee. The cost of playing in the ODs is cheaper, granted, with OD3 being about 108 inc. 10 boxes of paint. Not a bad deal, but the cost soon racks up the higher you go.

Ive heard it said.you can do the entire CPS entry on the cost of a single event entry at the mills. (Not sure what div though, I will be honest).

For the level of play at CPL, no, its probably not worth it unless you want to be sandbagging, but for the lower divs its a cheaper opportunity a lot of teams seem to br moving towards. Probably another reason why there arent that many uk teams working through the ranks at the mills.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Good points, well made. Accom and travel are often things ovrrlooked when looking at intial costs I guess.

The mills are often moaned at for being overpriced, especially when things like grandstand seats and parking are extras to purchase, (genrrally only in france) or pit crew having to pay, even players having to pay to be registered, even though they just paid an entry fee. The cost of playing in the ODs is cheaper, granted, with OD3 being about 108 inc. 10 boxes of paint. Not a bad deal, but the cost soon racks up the higher you go.

Ive heard it said.you can do the entire CPS entry on the cost of a single event entry at the mills. (Not sure what div though, I will be honest).

For the level of play at CPL, no, its probably not worth it unless you want to be sandbagging, but for the lower divs its a cheaper opportunity a lot of teams seem to br moving towards. Probably another reason why there arent that many uk teams working through the ranks at the mills.
The only difference in price is literally the entry cost. We paid the season up front, and it cost us just over £2100, for 3 events, as opposed to the mills which was £4500 for 4 events. On average you save £400 in entry fee. You still need to pay hotels, travel (which to rome is not cheap) accomodation, food, players passes and parking (in rome anyway) Who ever said you could play the series for the price of one Mills must have been on something.

You're also, if you're taking the event semi-seriously, forced to go a day earlier to practice the layout. Because they use the PSP layouts, you have no way to play them before hand in the UK. That's that £400 gone and then some, not including the extra for days off etc

I've got a pretty strong opinion on this one, the CPS IS NOT currently competition for the mills, it's just not there. Is it good if you get your boys together for a trip away? Absolutely. But as far as I'm concerned, it's not that much cheaper for a season, and you're not getting anything near the quality you would at mills.

Reactions: Bolter

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
It is interesting that those who seem to promote the CPS the most as an alternative to the MS are those who don't actually have first hand experience of the series.
Slava and Co do a great job of providing value events as far as entry fees go, but, as above, they are not of an MS standards. Often described as being like a local event but with international teams.

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
To be fair, I have not played a CPS event, so I am speaking from what I have been told, over stating it is categorically better value.

However the general perceived consensus is that it is cheaper, which whilst this may not be the case, it is certainly a strong selling point for those trying decide if they want to play an 'international tournament' the next season, and if so, which one. I would almost be willing to be money on the fact that teams will look at entry, and maybe paint when considering event costs. Very few will work it all out using accom, food, petrol, training, road tolls, border patrol bribes, drunk nights out buying shiny kit etc etc.

Having played at the mills, dodgy reffing aside, I did enjoy it and they do put on a good event. (Better now Marshal was commentating. Just gutted they didn't have the commentators on speakers around the place)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Just to touch on the "ms is a rip off" point, is it nothing to do with just the entry cost, but more to do with the format aswell? The fact that if you have a bad event, you may only see the field for a minute per game? Maybe less!

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Just to touch on the "ms is a rip off" point, is it nothing to do with just the entry cost, but more to do with the format aswell? The fact that if you have a bad event, you may only see the field for a minute per game? Maybe less!
Could that be true of all Sup'air formats (other than super 5s) though? or is this the start of a subtle true x-ball format? ;) back to the 45 min game time... :D