Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

WORLD CUP news! Avalanche caught cheating!

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
if he was pessed off at the lanche guys then wouldnt he shoot them rather than shoot the opposition and help Lancha to win??? just a thought......if you are mad at someone you dont help them, you make stuff harder for them. Do you think it would have been as big a deal if Salm had shot his own players and not the GZ guys?? would GZ have complained then?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Shooting the Avalanche guys would have been the ''easy'' thing to do. But this way he has hit them far harder though.
And schedules are public. It would not have been to hard to know on what field Lanche would have been playing. And does it matter on what side of the field they'd start? No. As far as I know anything of the fields, the long sides of the fields were the ones facing the woods, not the sides with the flag stations. Therefore he would only have to move a few yards to be able to cover both teams on a certain field.

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Buddha my friend!

Did you EVER saw an event stick to schedule? I never!! Even our precious Millenium wich is among one of the best organized in the world screws timing up everytime.

I doubt it was a lone gunman situation, come on Salm was the team captain....

cya

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Isnt it possible that salm could of contactd the team to know how they were getting on, what match they have next etc?

Also many people saw salm leaving, but how many actually saw him get back to his hotel??????

Isnt it possible that salm drove off, got the spare gear, and made his way back to the tourney, without being seen, this isnt hard given that he probably disguised his face or no-one actually paid attention to him.

I wasnt there but by the info chloe has given and my own thinkiing i can give my view on this.

It makes me sick to find out that people, who have not been there, seen it etc can slant Avalanche in such a way.
It just goes to prove that even intelligent people can be morons.

Isnt it amazing that just because the act of 1 individual people become biased to the rest of Lanche.

Its unfair, bi-ased and un-proven.
I saw Avalanche for my own eyes for the 1st time @ Campaign and what i saw was an awsome team.

Let the facts come out b4 you speak your un-proven thoughts.

Its like me saying Rec ball is responsible for this act of violence, and then what?
Rec ballers will be slanted in all manor of ways more than us tourney ballers.

Unfair isnt it? so plz stop claiming this an that without proof

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
This proves one thing!

If he has learnt one thing from this debacle it must be that sensible headwear is a must!

Really though it is a disgrace, perhaps he was camped out there all day, shooting anyone and every one in the back when he had the chance and just got'lucky' that those two teams turned up on that field.

I suppose it is conceivable that he acted alone but me thinks someone must have know what was happening.

Its stuff like this that just goes further to taking the 'fun' out of tournament paintball and reinforces the need to get a proper structured marshalling division in place asap.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Win? Win!?! Who in the heck thinks this was an attempt to help them win? It wasn't an attempt to help Avalanche win, hence it can't be filed under the category of cheating and merit the usual pointless rants about cheating found here. Cheating is done with the idea in mind that it can yield positive results and avoiding negative consequences...Salm knew quite well that he would be caught and punished and that it would inflict harm upon the team in the biggest ways possible (If he'd had shot his own team, it would have had no negative impact on them as it wasn't to their "advantage."), the only question is why. Revenge, spite, an expensive way of going out with a bang (voluntary retirement by means of getting oneself forcibly removed), drug inspired misadventure, or just a random incidence of spontaneous psychopathia...?

Someone has to grab him and make him talk. That is, after he gets out of jail for what happened at a theme park later that night...

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by acsik
Buddha my friend!

Did you EVER saw an event stick to schedule? I never!! Even our precious Millenium wich is among one of the best organized in the world screws timing up everytime.

I doubt it was a lone gunman situation, come on Salm was the team captain....

cya
True, events do often run late. But it's really simple to understand that if an event is an hour behind schedule (for argument's sake), you have to add an hour to the start time of the game you want to see/be at/play/interfere with.

I'm no Avalanche fan, but I'm not a hater either. I just find it very doubtful that this was a ''team'' thing.

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Originally posted by acsik
Noone knows what happened really and I doubt anyone outside of Avalanche ever will.

BTW does anyone have a pic of this maneuver???

Peace

P.s:

"That is, after he gets out of jail for what happened at a theme park later that night..." ???????????????????