Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Worth buying a mask?

Indiana

May 20, 2016
Yes, 200% personally I like vforce masks and that is what I would recommend to anyone. Mask is the most important piece of equipment you will ever own.

LeFrenchToast

Mar 5, 2016
London
Been keeping busy so haven't had the chance to thank everyone for their replies and comments.
I still need to get to a field but with changing jobs I haven't been able to just yet.
Thanks again and hope to see since of you on the field one day!

KingAresIV

Aug 8, 2016
Just adding to what everyone has said, your mask is the most important part of your equipment. Don't skimp on it.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Our team run Virtue Vio's which i really like now, but I've tried all sorts of masks over the years.... Still miss my old 1990's Vent's :(

I've mentioned this before but it's worth spending money on a good set of pads and footwear. A smashed elbow, knee or ankle is a good way to ruin your day.

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
My first purchase was a mask because it was the one bit of kit that I could take to both walk-ons and punter days (delta force). I bought the Dye i3 Pros a few weeks ago and have since changed to the Dye i4's after trying them last week. I bought my Dye i4 second hand only because it had a decent looking lens and was a good price. I will be buying a new lens in a week or so though.

I went a bit nuts though when I first bought my kit. I found a Dye gen3 rotor on eBay for £40 and then the same guy was also selling all his old paintball gear. I ended up buying his rotor, gun, tank plus some other bits and bobs haha

I'm terrible for spending money and always chop and change what I want. So i bought a Proto Rail and that's me now looking to get a Dye Dam from a friend who goes to the same walk-ons as me!! :D I'm hoping that this will be a marker that I can use for many months before needing or even wanting to change.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I wouldn't delay too long

One of our players fell on a sharp flint during a woodsball tournament years ago

Ended up with a nasty gash and internal injuries to the knee that put him out for months

LeFrenchToast

Mar 5, 2016
London
Lol @Jamie McCallum I'm the same. I probably take months researching and planning what I want to get and the one day I just buy the first good thing I see.

@Gee Tee I had a friend who hit his knee hard on a branch when I went for his bday, definitely looked worse than all the paint bruises he got.