Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Worth buying a mask?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by LeFrenchToast, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Indiana Member

Indiana
    Message Count:
    Yes, 200% personally I like vforce masks and that is what I would recommend to anyone. Mask is the most important piece of equipment you will ever own.

2. LeFrenchToast New Member

LeFrenchToast
    Message Count:
    Been keeping busy so haven't had the chance to thank everyone for their replies and comments.
    I still need to get to a field but with changing jobs I haven't been able to just yet.
    Thanks again and hope to see since of you on the field one day!

3. KingAresIV Member

KingAresIV
    Message Count:
    Just adding to what everyone has said, your mask is the most important part of your equipment. Don't skimp on it.

4. Gee Tee 1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick

Gee Tee
    Message Count:
    Our team run Virtue Vio's which i really like now, but I've tried all sorts of masks over the years.... Still miss my old 1990's Vent's :(

I've mentioned this before but it's worth spending money on a good set of pads and footwear. A smashed elbow, knee or ankle is a good way to ruin your day.

5. LeFrenchToast New Member

LeFrenchToast
    Message Count:
    Interesting thanks.
    Will have to look into pads once I get a bit more into it.

6. Jamie McCallum ItsJamieMcC

Jamie McCallum
    Message Count:
    My first purchase was a mask because it was the one bit of kit that I could take to both walk-ons and punter days (delta force). I bought the Dye i3 Pros a few weeks ago and have since changed to the Dye i4's after trying them last week. I bought my Dye i4 second hand only because it had a decent looking lens and was a good price. I will be buying a new lens in a week or so though.

I went a bit nuts though when I first bought my kit. I found a Dye gen3 rotor on eBay for £40 and then the same guy was also selling all his old paintball gear. I ended up buying his rotor, gun, tank plus some other bits and bobs haha

I'm terrible for spending money and always chop and change what I want. So i bought a Proto Rail and that's me now looking to get a Dye Dam from a friend who goes to the same walk-ons as me!! :D I'm hoping that this will be a marker that I can use for many months before needing or even wanting to change.

7. Gee Tee 1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick

Gee Tee
    Message Count:
    I wouldn't delay too long

One of our players fell on a sharp flint during a woodsball tournament years ago

Ended up with a nasty gash and internal injuries to the knee that put him out for months

8. LeFrenchToast New Member

LeFrenchToast
    Message Count:
    Lol @Jamie McCallum I'm the same. I probably take months researching and planning what I want to get and the one day I just buy the first good thing I see.

@Gee Tee I had a friend who hit his knee hard on a branch when I went for his bday, definitely looked worse than all the paint bruises he got.