Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Worth buying a mask?

LeFrenchToast

Mar 5, 2016
London
Thanks for the heads up Hippo. I'd definitely have a chat with them before bringing half the kit and demanding to rent the rest :) I might see you at Mayhem sometime soon then!

And Bolter it wasn't quite that long ago :LOL:
It was for my mate's 16th and i'm 25 now so if my calculator serves me well, about 9 years ago.

I know my first comment said his 18th but I just remembered it was his 16th.

Toast

Reactions: Bolter

Pog49

May 13, 2009
I would say it depends how often you intend to play, you will always feel more comfortable in your own gear

JoeUpton

Jun 29, 2015
England
Hey Toast - first thing I got was a mask and I only went and played paintball a few times a year at that point (couple of years back) - the fact that you can actually see stuff makes the biggest difference in my opinion so any investment is worth it :D. I have Empire E-Flexes for mashalling (as they are so comfy) and Grills when I play - both have their advantages and disadvantages - same goes for any mask!

If you are in the Canterbury area still, Quex Park Paintball near Margate (about a 20 minute drive) can accommodate you if you 're worried about renting some kit (like a bottle). I'm not sure what the Mayhem policy is now with own kit (Canterbury site), but Quex Park are very friendly towards those with their own gear and will always allow you to use it subject to the chrono tests :). If you have a loader, then again, you can use that with a rental marker :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LeFrenchToast

LeFrenchToast

Mar 5, 2016
London
Thanks guys. With work being hectic I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I get my first game on.
But as you said, a mask is not and expensive bit of kit so I think I'll grab one, new or used, still undecided and then I'll get a game in ASAP.

Appreciate all the help that you've given. :D

Toast

Pog49

May 13, 2009
I remember my first mask being about £20 and it did everything I needed it to. It really is worth getting one and then going from there, it doesn't have to be an all singing and dancing mask to start yourself with

Reactions: LeFrenchToast

LeFrenchToast

Mar 5, 2016
London
Did you buy it new or used?
I'm just thinking if a £20 pound mask helped against fogging?
I'm a big fan of the Profit, looks wise. Gonna have to try it out first.

Toast

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Did you buy it new or used?
I'm just thinking if a £20 pound mask helped against fogging?
I'm a big fan of the Profit, looks wise. Gonna have to try it out first.

Toast
a thermal lens (or sometimes called a dual pane lens) is what you need. And when buying a second hand set of goggles you should really buy yourself a new lens for safety, which are probably around £20

LeFrenchToast

Mar 5, 2016
London
Yeah Bolter. As Hidden Hippo said the other day, used mask should get new lenses.
Hence why I asked Pog if his mask was second hand or fogging as I was trying to work out if his first mask was used but thermal lenses or new but fogging. :)

Toast