Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Worth buying a mask?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
just to add (I have no idea what you just wrote) make sure you can actually buy new lenses for the profit (is that a sly mask? Are sly still going?) or whichever mask you want to buy, before you buy.

LeFrenchToast

Mar 5, 2016
London
Yeah it's the Sly Profit that I'm looking at, still need to try it on though.
As far as I'm aware, lenses are still being sold for it.

Edit: BZPaintball sell them, just saw

Pog49

May 13, 2009
I bought my mask new.
Find something that you like the look of and something comfortable (remember that you will be running in it!)
I found that even with single lenses fogging doesn't have to be a problem. I have tried various anti-fog sprays (both those sold for motorcycle helmets and those specifically for paintball lenses) but in all honesty, the best solution I have ever had was washing up liquid!
1. Add to inside of lens with finger (thin coat will do!)
2. Wipe around the surface
3. Buff of with a cloth/kitchen paper

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You will find even the cheapest new goggles & lens better than those supplied on a rental site - it hasn't been used by hundreds before you poking their fingers on the lens, spitting on it, wiping and cleaning etc

As you go up in features (the lens itself - anti fog coating, dual layers etc) then the performance improves

Reactions: LeFrenchToast

Mikee2793

Apr 5, 2016
Just keep an eye out in the sales posts! They come up and you can usually find what you want it's surprising! I haven't met anyone who isn't friendly so if you see someone with a pair ask to try them on when you finally get time to go!

cheffy81

Jun 26, 2012
I would reccomend going to your local paintball shop or go along to a walk on and try different masks on as they all fit differently and just see what fits best.

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
Can't agree more with everybody else. Get a mask first then everything else will fall into place once you've been to a few walk-ons and found out what gear is out there and maybe trying some of the guys guns out and asking lots of questions (y)