Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would a kind ENGLISH player explain THIS PRODUCT to me?

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Sorry to say but yup, the veal and goose thing is fairly true.
But i gotta admit it tastes lovely.

Too many years as a chef has kinda desensatised me to the cruelty aspect, when suckers wanna pay thru the nose for it, most lose moral values.

Although it is becoming less common in reastaurants and i kinda see it dying out within time, or becoming slightly less cruel.

Although 1 thing i do hate is the whole shellfish only thing, "fish dont have any feelings" bag o arse. They have pretty much the same as a cow after generations of selective breeding and dumbing down. cow, pig, chicken etc... all dumb as arse now, sad but true. Domestication has a lot to answer for.

Long live the wild bovine.

Getting hungry now, someone pass me a sharp knife and lets go BBQ baca loco :D

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Actually, here's a good one.

Somoene else on another forum put me oto the origin of the name "Spotted Dick" on top of everything else.

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mspotteddick.html

Straight Dope is a 'resourse' of stuff that you'd never find anywhere else. LIke "Why shouldn't I put silverwear in the microwave?" It's written by a recluce named "Cecil Adams" who pretty much knows everything.

(Even knows if a microwave oven can damage a pace maker! I love this guy!!!

Anyhow, All that said, I'll take my veal parmazan and some boneless chichen tenders. YUMM!!!!

-Tyger

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
You feel bad? man your conscience must be pretty well developed;) whenever I order Venison I ask for Bambi steaks :D I tried Veal a few years ago and have been looking for it ever since (not found it yet and if I ordered it with my mrs around she'd do her nut at me:D )

Um bambie yummy

If you have a mother like mine you either get on with it or or realalize pet lamb tastes best :(

I still wouldn't eat veal as I do consider it crule but then again we all eat mass produced eggs and the hens have terrible conditions I couldn't work at one of those palces i would end up letting them all out and stupid things would probably walk straight back in the one's that still have feet that is!!!

No I am not a veggie I like my steak rare and bleeding.

Dam the EEC You can no longer get roast beef still bleeding it was great for getting my own back on mother;)

Pet lamb died happy, watched telly, had a good life, did tricks. Veal calf well ok they didn't know any better, but I do won't eat horse either don't care how good it tastes.

Sparklie

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
mmmm horse. I had Pony when I was skiing in the french Alps one year. It tasted lovely. I also had tongue, which did'nt taste too bad, but looked very very nasty. do you know how big a cows tongue is? Just thought it was cheap meat until I open up the sandwich and saw it sitting there! URGH!!!!:eek:

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Have eaten horse (in sausage format in Belgium) but really didn't like the taste. I do like venison though - my cousin's boyfriend is a forester & has to cull deer so there's usually Bambi-steaks when we have a barbecue there.
Much as I love pet animals, I have no problem in eating them. On the ubiquitous French exchange trip from school I arrived on Saturday, met the family rabbits on Sunday & ate them in a red wine & button mushroom sauce on the Wednesday.