Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would a Spyder Xtra be considered a tournament gun?

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I wouldn't think so, but on the Kingman website it says that Bad Company (which is sponsered by, you guessed it, Kingman) placed 4th at the World Cup using EM1's and Xtra's.

Xtra's arent nearly as expensive as cockers and all other kinds of tournament guns I've seen. 150$ at several paintball stores I've been to.

jermanboy

Aug 25, 2001
Independence, MO
Visit site
Hey man all spyders without electric frames are the same, just different accessories. None of which are going to affect your perfomance. Spyder has a new gun out the Flash. Pretty much an xtra with electric grip frame. they run about 300 bucks. I wouldnt really consider spyders to be tourny guns, but once again on this forum does the gun make the player or player make the gun

Micah

Tourney Gun's

any gun could be considered a Tourney guy if it was used in tournies ... I could do som etrick mill work to a talon, add a velocity adjuster, nitro and a revy, used it at next year world cup and it would be a tourney marker ...
Would it be good? Probably not. Would it be a "tourney" marker? Yes.

I just use this as an example because it is so rediculous (spelling?) But Companies use 'Tourney level" as a marketing tool. If it was so great you'd see teams at the top levels with out gun sponsorships using them.

I say the player makes the gun. BPS is a tool, it should not a a crutch.

-Micah

rockon_1

( .)( .)
Oct 15, 2001
indoors
Visit site
tourney guns not stock

ok an extra could esily be a tourney gun . Most tourney guns arnt stock by any means so if bad company was using extras they problably were far from stock . A good reference would be a stock car . it has very little resemblance to teh car it was made from except the general appearance .

Micah

actually ...

if you look at the photos of bad company playing with the spyders (with the exceptions of new barrel and N2 tanks) they looked pretty stock. Several of them added an electro frame, but I think toses were pretty much the only mods. What else can you really do to a spyder? Back in teh day when I owned a spyder, I owned 3 different bolts. I noticed no difference once so ever, and for what ever reason I believe my old spyder shot every bit as well as an angel ... only half as fast ... Tell me, aside from the fancy milling and the electronica whats the difference? they're both open bolt semi's and if both are shooting the same paint in the same barrel both bench mounted and both with nitro and a second reg, I'm willing to wager ... an Talon TL ;) ... that they will be just as accurate especially if they are shooting at the same pressure. And with some work I'm sure this can all be done.

So yeah .. I'd like to change my original position .. they could have had valve work and stuff like that done to them .. but they're still spyders.

-Micah

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I merely was bringing up a point that most tournament players use guns that are well over 500$, and the spyder Xtra is about 1/3 that price. It just kinda made me think...