Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would It Be Better To Join A Team Or Start A Team ??

Shreevey1993

Feb 8, 2011
Basically wanting to learn paintball but was wondering if it would be better to start my own team or join one ??
I am from south yorkshire
Any ideas ??

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
I would say join one too.

There are always new teams that start up, but with new teams there is a problem lacking commitment turning up to training and not being able to make events.
Teams that are established have a general understanding to what they expect from their player base. You will learn about running a team and how a team is run.

Running a team is a massive undertaking, you will lose time and money BUT the rewards can be fantastic :)

BZ have a team and i believe they are always keen help you become a better player. I think they still train in Dishforth, you'll most likely need a car to get there unless if you can find or arrange someone to give you a lift.

If you're interested heres the guy you shuold get in touch with, he runs BZ supplies and also runs the team;
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/member.php?14456-BZNeil
If in doubt and you want someone to chat to; 01642 605000

Neils a friendly fella :)

Punter337

Domination
Nov 5, 2010
Norfolk
Depends if you've got contacts within the sport could set one up if you wer dedicated and really wat to do it! you could start your own but like the guys said below it is easier to join one as all the stuff is already in place.... its easier for lazy people like me!! :)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Join one.

Then poach as many of the good players as you can at the end of the season and set up your own!!! :)

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Given your location, you should shoot a PM to Biscuit - he should be able to hook you up.

And when you join a team, don't volunteer to be Captain. Ever.

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
Start One!!!!

If you have 5 friend s that are well into paintball and want to go on the most crazy adventure ever then, start a team and watch the fireworks!! You'll learn together, lose together and win together.. It's hard at first but once you have you're foot on the ladder then it starts to fall together quite quickly and you'll never get the experience joining an established team that you would get starting your own.. Plus 5 friends playing for each other will always fight harder than playing with 4 randoms..

It's easy to jump on a team and play but hard to start at the beginning, however it's much more rewarding to know you did it all off your own back than riding on the back of others!!

If you can.. Then you should!!!