Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would love some advice.

Dirtyturtle865

Jun 30, 2013
Ok so after my first time paintballing I'd love to get some kit sorted.. a friend of mine has asked me woodsball or speedball.. my reply was "whuut? o_O" so I've been reading through a lot of pages gathering advice but I don't know if it would apply to me, so I'll be direct and ask myself to make sure I get the right equipment for me.

I'd mostly be diving around trees as I haven't got a clue where the nearest speedball centre is (that and I'm more of an outdoors man myself) I'm sure finding out what speedball is like will have to wait for now.
I've been browsing and I've found markers like the H18 Eros and Piranha GTi.. They look great, fire fast and sit around reasonable budget for me to spend.. However are these ideal markers to be diving around trees, mud, fields ect I keep wondering to myself if something like a BT Omega M16 Marker which is equally if not nicer than one of the speedball markers for diving around woods.

I'm looking to spend money on a kit not just a marker so if there is anything out and about which would be advisable for me to spend good money on it would be more than appreciated to let me know.

Many thanks for reading
James.

GodForbid

Jun 30, 2012
www.northants-giants.co.uk
I would go for a tournament style marker as they work just as well in the woods as they do on the field.

Take a look at the for sale section on this forum. You can find some fantastic second hand markers for £150.

cwrenn1991

Jun 30, 2013
Yea mid range to tourney markers just cover all woods all style is fine but iv never got along with the replica larger style guns :/

Eteks, invert minis empire axe to geos all very popular and will serve you good in the long run

Dirtyturtle865

Jun 30, 2013
Would it be ideal for a newbie to start with or is this a complex marker?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
if you are planning on going all rambo in the woods and not at an actual site (which i would not recommend in general) but if that is the plan, i would go the tippmann 98/BT 4 combat route because they are mechanical and have less things to go wrong with them, plus they are a bit more water/weather/mud resistant.

If however you think at some point you might find your self playing at a proper site, then i would go for the low-mid end electro markers (PMR's, SLG's, Ion's, Etek to name a few), as that is what most people will have, and not having one will but you at a bit of a disadvantage.

Reactions: Dirtyturtle865

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If the woods is general then I advise against anything

For a woodsball site which is standard for most sites in the uk then tipmanms and bts are fine, but speedball guns can also be 'hardy''

Avoid the Eros & piranha, these are basic guns which have electric versions out and are still very basic

Hold off from buying, get your hands on a few before you buy

Reactions: Braindead

Dirtyturtle865

Jun 30, 2013
been looking at reviews on youtube and wiki'd a few markers.. for my budget I've chosen the BT 4 Combat slice bought the package seeing as it would cost more in long run to get mask ect bought from Just paintball.. got some free flip flops! because every man likes to feel paint between his toes right? so next months pay will be upgrades and cleaning/lube kit maybe get some spares as well any recommendations to cleaning/lubing kits?