Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would this work - Self powered fan

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
@John C

Surely a wind turbine would have to be going at quite some speed, to push a metal weight out at such a force that it can put the air at a higher pressure then that of the water above it. I dont know the real maths, as i dont know the size of a turbine, possibly weights of the mass inside etc

However that is still a good idea. And it is possible that that same principal could be used in a standard generator cutting out the middle man (the turbine) admitteedly you would still be using finite resources to move the generator however you may end up with a more efficient generator, and a way for it to stor the power is has created...

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Spike, I agree with your first statement and am impressed that the OP didn't get as panned as I thought he would for his ideas, from the most fantastic quests have come some of the most practical applications, consider for a moment all the things that space exploration has helped bring to everyday life.

However, the second part made me chuckle, I read it like this:

However we did manage to produce the first ever Electric Marker many years ago. Even though Smart Parts claim they did it first - read the patent!!
;) Dave!

@John C

Surely a wind turbine would have to be going at quite some speed, to push a metal weight out at such a force that it can put the air at a higher pressure then that of the water above it. I dont know the real maths, as i dont know the size of a turbine, possibly weights of the mass inside etc

However that is still a good idea. And it is possible that that same principal could be used in a standard generator cutting out the middle man (the turbine) admitteedly you would still be using finite resources to move the generator however you may end up with a more efficient generator, and a way for it to stor the power is has created...
Actually it lends itself to very large slow moving turbines.
We want to avoid centripetal force, we just want the blades to be rotated so that the weight falls from one end to the other by gravity as the blade turns.

Just picking random figures, If your blades are 50m long and your weight is a hundred kilos and your blades move at 1rpm.
Thats a hundred kilos being dropped down a 50M tube per blade per minute (There are caveats to this approximation, but it will do).
It could compress a lot of gas.

Gas bags can be used to store energy produced by conventional means. They are superior to batteries in many ways.
But you arent cutting out the middleman. The energy still needs to be converted.

Its more about how efficienct is your middleman, and how often he breaks down.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Pfah, hybrid technology has been around for years! The Ferdinand/Elefant tank destroyer of World War 2 was driven by electro motors, which in turn were powered by internal combustion engines. Nothing new... ;)

Yes this is true Buddha - however these were directly attached to the drive wheels whereas our design was to include them as part of the transmission itself - doing away with the gearbox. Basically an Electric CVT.

But yes hybrids have been around for a long time - Diesel Electric trains probably the largest application.

Nuclear Trucks - Hadn't seen one of them yet but Ford did a concept car once. I always thought a tennis ball sized reactor would be a nice package to put in a car. Safe enough in theory but not many would want to run around with Fast Breeder behind their seats though.

jmelech

Oct 11, 2009

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I've developed a perpetual motion machine.

It's powered by "paintball on TV" threads. So keep 'em comin'.