Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-Ball: a new game format

rancid

Mother, is that you?
It's cos I'm an old cynic, and I've seen and heard these things for the last fifteen years. Format meddling.... it don't do out for me other than complicate a simple game.

Kieran, I can't even be arsed to read the whole blurb. I know some of the others on the mag think it's great, and that's all that matters, cos they have to justify it, not me. I just know that if I've had my arse kicked by the same team ten times in ten minutes, I'm going to start a fight. I wont win the fight, but I'll start it.

Either you can point at me in years to come and say 'there's the nob who thought xball wouldn't work' (in fact, I think you did that in an earlier thread), or it'll have one or two run outs and disappear.

Regards pounds shilling and pence, well I think Nick capped it off a few posts ago.

Idealists in paintball huh? Who needs em?

Originally posted by rancid
I just know that if I've had my arse kicked by the same team ten times in ten minutes, I'm going to start a fight. I wont win the fight, but I'll start it.

Have to say I hadn't thought about it like that... I'd prolly do the same. It might even make the game a little boring to play for smaller teams. Although it looks like its only aimed at top level pros at the moment, I don't think it could ever catch on at lower levels... I for one like the fact that at most tourneys I get to play a wide variety of different teams in a day.

XBall might be nice to see how it works with the pros but I think it can't catch on as a lower level format.... If it does stick around it'd probably be a couple of times a year tops.