Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-ball scores! Inquiring minds need to know.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
You would think in this new millennium with all the wireless gadgetry and websites that talk about "live" reporting, that we would have much more prompt, current info on what's happening at the Nations' Cup. All it takes is for one person to call in to someone who then posts it here.

I want to know who is winning or who won the match between USA and Sweden. Someone, please!

Check it!

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Finally a report from Warpig: Sweden lost.

And Magued pulled the team from the tournament saying they are all exhausted and complaining about poor judging. They could have hypothetically won their next round, the winner of France vs Russia, to meet USA again.

I wonder who won the match between Russia and France?

Someone please...

Check it!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Russia beat France and then went on to play that Yanks in the final.

The Final.
The first quarter dictated the whole game with the Yanks pulling away from the Russkies mainly because the Russkies had two guys in the penalty box for most of those games.
The next three quarters were really the Russkies playng catch up and in the end, they failed.
I think in all honesty, the best team won but.............how can I say this ?
Hmmm...better not.....I just think a certain amount of cynicism is alive and well and thriving in the heads of some of the world's top players.
We need to lighten up a little and have more respect for the opponents.
That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.
Richmond has created a game that looks like it's gonna be the fore-runner of the new era of Paintball, I was slightly sceptical about the new format but not anymore.
Long live X-Ball :)
Robbo

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
How can we get this pro ref thing moving?

NPPL reffing set the standard for fast, flowing and fair paintball when first organized. And any of us who have played over there know you get both the best and worst reffing there. I have seen the most brilliant, hands-on judging and, sometimes on the same field, hung-over sitting-down reffing. I have never witnessed any "favors" on an NPPL field but I know it has happened. (Of course you and I witnessed anti-pro bias several years ago in a non-NPPL tournament.)

And we been hearing anti-such-and-such-nation bias since the first time teams from different nations met.

I don't understand how people think they can get by with lame or biased reffing anymore. Aren't there a lot more people watching now? Aren't there a lot of people with video cameras?

Long spiel, but what's happening to get the pro ref thing going?
Let's push for it so it's in place by the next Nations' Cup.

Check it!

Steve

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Russians in the penalty box? What happened?

Hey Bud, I suppose the best way to sum that situation up without actually spelling it out is; they had just had enough and reacted as any human beings would given enough time no matter what moral stance people take.
That's about as much as I am willing to say.
The tragic irony of this should not be lost on anyone !
Robbo

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
It sounds like the Russians gave the Americans some of their own medicine...

Since I wasn't there (gutted) I'll quote a post from someone else on another post board.

"Now, I think the Russian team needs to work on their anger and playing with less guys. If anyone saw the game, an American bunkered a Russian at the back stand-up, and the Russian then proceeded to LIGHT UP the American, who had the good sportmanship to stay calm and take it. When I say light up, I mean like 20 shots at 5 feet, and the Russian got 5 minutes for that one.

That's when their game started to go downhill, they lost one other player to penalties, then another, and one of their guys came in from the box too early. They played like 1/4 of the games 3 v 5.

I believe that since they practice together a lot, they are used to playing 5 man, and when they only had 3, they really couldn't coordinate. The U.S. team was hand-picked and thus they knew how to work independently and probably prepared for it. But man, the U.S. WOMPED when the Russians played down, and the Americans won most of their games when they had the advantage.

All I watched was X-ball, and let me say it's rather spectator-friendly. I watched one regular game, but the refs were so bad and deaf, and one player wiped, so I just went back to X-ball"

It sounds like X-ball was a huge success... they are already talkingn about running more pro events this way...

I'm gutted about the Englands results. Couldn't you have just dragged in spectators to help with the pit crew work? I'm guessing that's what you did when playing the Russian team the next day?

manike

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Crystal clear...

I can guess it went something like this: US players play on without getting penalized until the normally stand-up Russian players get frustrated until they start imitating the Americans and do exactly what the Americans do almost systematically. Result: the Russians get the correct penalties.

We'll see some videos.

Could the American judges, if the above is close to what happened, perhaps have been intimidated by the superstars on the American team?

Even if that's not the way it went down, where are we in our progress towards a reffing corp? Who knows where it stands now? I understand WDP have kicked in some funding to that end?