Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-Ball

grandad

STORM U.K
Jun 16, 2003
milton keynes.uk
Visit site
Maybe i am missing something within the whole scene,but if X-Ball is the future of the game ,why is it that no one has seen the wisdom in starting a UK X-Ball league???
Maybe it would be good for UK X-Balling if a UK league was started,so that more teams could give it a try and see if it suited them ,and maybe it would bring some home grown talent into the X-Ball format apart from the teams already in it that is .

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
i dunno, alot of people get up n just play footy for an hour every sunday or a game of rugby. if we wanted to play a game of xball rather than a whole tournament on a sunday how much more expensive would it work out?

craigpil

loving uni life
Apr 27, 2003
Essex Uni !!!
the thing is with other sports like football the costs are very low, in theory all you need is a few nets and a ball to play

with something like Xball the cost of paint would be absolutly huge and i dont think many companies would be willing to provide enough in the ways of sponsorship to cover such a large bill (which is fair enough in my opinion)

just my contribution ...

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
The costs of X-Ball lie not in the Paint bills for teams as such (which is comparable to 7-man if you take into account at least 3 extra players and far greater actual playing time) but the whole infrastructure that surrounds it - Scoreboard, extra Refs and admin staff, set-up etc.

X-ball is not for every Tourney player out there (although personally I love the format) and whilst a lot of the skills are easily transferred to the 7-man game (Infamous;) ) the training regimes are different as every EXL team has discovered this season.
To be completely honest, your average Dartford 7/PA league team doesn't have the team infrastructure and commitment to play X-ball at any form of competitive level, and if they tried, they would end up spending a lot of cash on nothing IMHO.

AFAIK X-Ball was never set-up to be a sport for the masses (so to speak) but rather a Podium to attract TV and outside sponsorship with it's easier to follow format and convenient Ad-breaks.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
A regular XBall league for the UK would not be feasible for numerous reasons such as the paint-bill for events, not to mention infrastructure and the cost for teams to train. But I would still love to see this format making a showing over here.

I think that there should be an attempt at running an XBall exhibition/showcase one-off event. Something like this could be done as a test to see if there is much interest. Although I'm not sure on the in-and-outs of the PA's infrastructure, the way they are doing business thus far seems well suited to trialling XBall. Regional teams, good support and a well oiled organisation all seem just appropriate to the needs of laying on an XBall event. I'm sure the by way the PA is structured indicates that the possibility of XBall has been something on the mind of the organisers at its' inception.

After watching some Nation's Cup games at Toulouse & Campaign last year I totally fell in love with the format and although the costs may be probative for regular events I would LOVE the oportunity to have a go.

Any further comments?

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
If we (shock) were to set up an XBall day on our Xball field, where teams come and play one game as an intro to Xball, would many teams attend? A per person charge/charge per team would apply. A full marshallling crew of 10 would judge the event, and all teams that turn up would get a guarenteed game, maybe 2 if the numbers are small. Post below if you are interested.

D

duffistuta

...you get scared when going faster than 30mph?

...you wouldn't fit inside the cockpit?

...Debs wouldn't let you?

Which is it?

:p