Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X Ball

chico

Mar 23, 2002
San Dimas, CA
Visit site
o...ok i think i uderstand the coming bak thing so its lik a new game every time a point is scored

but coaching thats like being a bank robber and telling the cops wut bank and wut time ur robbing it

(bad example) but easy to uderstand

R

raehl

How is coaching like letting the defense know the offense plays?

It's nothing like that at all - assuming you're coaching correctly, the other team doesn't know what you're doing until you actually start doing it. It means you actually have to have real plays and good communication, to an even HIGHER degree than you do in regular paintball.

And even if the other team sees what you're doing, they still have to figure out what they're going to do quick enough for it to make a difference. No, you probably can't sneak up 50 yards of tapeline and bunker someone without being noticed - but that doesn't mean you don't have bunker moves or something, just that things you could pull off by yourself with a little luck before necessitate team action to work correctly.

this is one of those things where you have to play, or at LEAST watch, before you're really qualified to comment.

- Chris

chico

Mar 23, 2002
San Dimas, CA
Visit site
thanx good explination thanks for breakin it down thought it was 1 person just givin away the positions of the other teams i havent seen any sign of xball in socal but i hav been on a hiatus for a month cant wait to be back i should order mi 2k3 cocker by tomarrow :D :D :D :D

rotorhead

Nov 13, 2002
Denver
Visit site
Garycarrot

I think what he is trying to say as far as cost goes, is that you only play 1 game per tourney, like say HS football, each weekend you play one game. If you take into acct that you play 1 tourney a month (ie one game) and practice then it will cost you the same as far as paint goes as playing a regular tourney of several games a day. Doing it that way will keep the costs the same. This is the only aspect I do not like about Xball, I like the tourneys now cause you play several teams, all day long for a tourney day. I just don't see it being as fun playing 1 game a month against 1 team, but I haven't played it either. I like the idea of having a coach, better crowds, plays, point and penalty system, and if we could figure out a way to do a game a weekend and keep costs down I could buy into the system.

chico

Mar 23, 2002
San Dimas, CA
Visit site
but to have it on a weekly bais we would hav to hav a certian amout of teams to keep it running and all would hav to have lik a circut lik hs football play at different places but hav it as a leage just not as a toruney 1ce a month so baicly 3 times a month hav teams in x ball compitetion at local fields then last week of the month hav lik a diffrent reigonal tourney and every 8 weeks hav a big national event i dont no if that makes sense but i giv it a try cuz i kinda wanna play more than 1 game a month

nandakjohwah

Dec 6, 2002
new york/new jersey
Visit site
yeah i'd have to agree with roto on how the tourn games should be set up.. i think that each team should be guaranteed AT LEAST 6-8 games per day instead of 1 game per month.

btw chico let me know how that cocker is when you try it out :D

chico

Mar 23, 2002
San Dimas, CA
Visit site
actully i wont b getiing that cocker i decided to wait for sumthing on the dl that will come out in mid january the release of their new marker it is a cocker seen the prototype it is sweet

R

raehl

Hah!

nobody wants to lpay more than 1 X Ball game in a day. That's 30-40 minutes of ON FIELD time, crammed into less than 2 hours. That's about the same as a one-day 5-man or 2-day 10-man, only all at once.

Play X Ball. You won't be worried about the number of teams you play in one day. You'll probably actually like having a whole 30-40 minutes to bang on one opponent. It's also not like it's the same 5 guys,X Ball rosters have 10 people.

- Chris

nandakjohwah

Dec 6, 2002
new york/new jersey
Visit site
do you have any links to the prototypes you mentioned?

as for x-ball.. how big are the fields and arent there at least 2 speedball fields at every tourn? i don't really see how a 10 man team can play for 30-40 minutes.. the longest game i've ever seen was maybe 18 minutes at most

maybe you should try putting a timer on each games? maybe 8 or 10 minutes per game?

i've played a few 8 on 8 games with 5 minute time limit and usually the majority of games are over within the 5 minutes, if not then it comes down to how many players total were left