Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X7 Phenom, Delta Elite or Mag Fed?

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
Hello all,

I have been looking into markers and have narrowed it down to a X7 Phenom, Delta Elite or a Mag Fed rifle of some kind (yes I know that doesn't narrow it down!).

I want something that is relatively easy to strip down and maintain, I am DIY minded so can handle a bit of self maintenance. Something that will stand bumps and knocks as I can be a bit rough at times, something that is customisable.

I noticed some X7 Phenom's for sale on here, and a guy has offered to sell me a BT Delta Elite at the site I use and I'm considering it, but wanted to get some advice before I take ze plunge and get my first marker as I want it to last a good while!

Folk have mentioned about Invert Mini's, Ego etc. but as vain as it sounds I am looking for a mil-sim marker.

If you have an opinion please tell me why, simply saying "Delta all the way" is not too helpful!

Cheers! (y)

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
Also considering an Eclipse Etha and the EMC Kit, Dye DAM and SAR-12... though these would mean saving a wee bit longer, which is not necessarily a bad thing!

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
Go for an Etha, have the option for an EMC kit for you 'milsim' look yet it will keep up with more high end markers.

Not only that if you wish to plays more tourney based games in the future you can take the EMC kit off and BAM you have a tourney marker. Where as if you opt for some thing like a Phenom you are kind of stuck playing scenario.

Also eclipse markers are good if you are just starting out as they are relatively simple to maintain and work when you need them to. Dye Markers such as the Dam take some know page and TLC as I found out ......

Good luck !

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
Thanks CameronS. Will look into an Etha with the EMC kit. I googled it and found some mean looking contraptions! :sneaky:
Apparently the emc kit fit straight on to the invert mini without any modification found this online600806_10200820132842102_1340042623_n.jpg

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Invert Mini is a BOSS Marker, Phenoms are great but high maintenance and once the flexvalve starts leaking it's bit of a ballache to find the issue, imo the Cyclone feed isn't great, it can get choppy and it does miss balls, it's quite Air hungry too, I used to get about 3.5 pots of paint out of it, it's hEeeeeeeeeeeeavy too,
Wouldn't put anything on the Mini like the EMC kit, the best thing about it is how light the set up can get and I'd get a shiny LTD edition one and keep it clean and cool.

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
I have a mini and it seems ok to me I've not used a lot of markers never touched an etha so won't comment on them

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Eclipse reliability is a myth.
Invert Mini is a BOSS Marker, Phenoms are great but high maintenance and once the flexvalve starts leaking it's bit of a ballache to find the issue, imo the Cyclone feed isn't great, it can get choppy and it does miss balls, it's quite Air hungry too, I used to get about 3.5 pots of paint out of it, it's hEeeeeeeeeeeeavy too,
Wouldn't put anything on the Mini like the EMC kit, the best thing about it is how light the set up can get and I'd get a shiny LTD edition one and keep it clean and cool.
This is nonsense. The phenom is heavy yes but only in relation to a tournament marker whereas the poster is looking for a scenario/tactical marker. Bang for buck the phenom is very good and so is the cyclone provided you choose medium grade paint that isnt too brittle. If your phenom only shot that few pods I'm afraid it was broken fella. If your flexvalve leaks you send it to bz or tippmann and tippmann replace the ENTIRE VALVE FOR FREE! That said my personal choice for best woodsball tactical marker is the sp1/g1. Still very very good value for what you get.

PS. My main gun at the moment is a mini until our sponsor guns come through so I can recommend one of those too but it doesnt fit your desires.

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
Does anyone know where you can get the Apex tip to put on to the Etho? I have been looking at the Etho&EMC and thought I would like to furnish it (should I buy one) with the Apex Tip, but can only seem to find them with the barrels attached...