Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Xball - Did you like that..........

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
or should I say I told you so............

Well the first Xball league day came to the UK on Sunday and there was more than a few concerns that I will address before the next event.
The good points of the day far outweighed the bad but one or two things are definitely not up to PA standard and I will be addressing them forthwith.
As you are probably aware Hatts and Gillie are taking a back seat as far as the League is concerned so it is myself who is taking charge with help from Rob Yates the current PA Chairman.
We have both talked for hours about what we think the league should offer the players, it will still and always will endeavour to meet all the Sports Council criteria that will assist ourselves in gaining Sports status that will benefit all of paintball in the UK.

We had experimented with Xball thru Fightclub over the last two seasons to see if the players could if I am honest hack it, I decided that although I saw a huge chasm in playing ability from our friends across the pond I also was confident that the format did not need great players to make it work, all it needed was players who wanted to be great and they turned up in there droves on Sunday.

Everyone thanks their sponsors and I am no exception and ours are every team who turned up on Sunday to start the transformation of UK paintball I am fortunate to have had a great bunch of referees who took lead from the ones who had reffed this format at the PSP in the states and collectively contributed to the best day I have ever seen at a PA event so our special and heartfelt thanks to Jabba, Marsbar, Ed, Simon, Tommy and Paul on field one with Ned Flanders on the scoreboard.
Anthony, John-boy, J,doe, Rosie and Matt on field two each and every one of them a star.

The rules not being available online and consequently the confusion that happened in a drawn game was 100% my fault and I will put it right for you, however I feel I should point out that we have always stolen as much as we could from the most successful sport we know - football -so why would we as a league not want to use that (It was also mentioned at the Managers meeting when we told them Xball was the format we was going to do this season) when it adds to the excitement.

I understand why players wanted to play a decider and showing me the PSP Xball rule that describes it but the reason they have to do that is they have a winners line and a losers line to the final so they have to have both after a match we are doing a League and after all those matches we will find a winner.

If you have any questions and I have time Please post away and I will get to them when I can, please remember I am going to Germany tomorrow so I may be off for a while.

Results up later in a new thread

Russ

tommy"the gun"webb

So Manc mafia
Sep 26, 2005
+1 HQ

i was reffing this and was nearly crying inside for the need to play it...from a ref's point of view though the players were good and responsive to the calls ...and i love putting my body through bad weather just to be in this industry....!!!

peace and love to all

tommy"the gun"webb
uk ref

deadbox

Moving On
Oct 27, 2005
www.dyematrix.com
Visit site
For the people that actually played the event.

Obviously with playing an hour stint twice during the day it is hard going, but how does it compare to playing other events where you are stop starting all day in terms of be totally knackered on the drive home at the end of the day. How did you find it?

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
For the people that actually played the event.

Obviously with playing an hour stint twice during the day it is hard going, but how does it compare to playing other events where you are stop starting all day in terms of be totally knackered on the drive home at the end of the day. How did you find it?
not so bad actually... which suprised me :confused:

more adrenaline maybe???

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
not so bad actually... which suprised me :confused:

more adrenaline maybe???
actually got to get my head down in between games, so was better

still tired on the way back tho. didnt feel it in the games really, tho.

id say just as bad overall, but nice to be able to properly chill between games

markhamgreg

watching you
Nov 14, 2005
The is by far the best format i have played. Fast paced games, no stagnent games like 7 man can be. I was quite supprised that we did not use over 20 cases but as disruption have shown its not all about the amount you shoot its movement and accuracy you need to win. We had a 4 1/2 hour wait between games we played the first game and the last but one of the day. Although it was a long time it gave us time to chill out and rest and talk about what we need to do in this format. Then coming to play after the long wait and then playing 15 games we soon forgot about the wait. Regarding be knackered i myself was a little exhausted during the second half of our 1st game then for our second game i could have played for another hour :) The drive home was ok but i definately slept that night after such a high. I can't wait till the next one this is what we should all be playing.

Greg
My thoughts are my own and as such do not represent the thoughts of the
Cannock Cobras or their Sponsors.