Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

xpansion chamber and barrels

splatballer13

May 28, 2002
springfield IL
can ne expansion chamber fit on ne gun? what expansion chamber would u suggest under $75 for a black dragun....
another thing...what barrel would u suggest for under $75 for a black dragun? thanx for ur help!

SirJinks

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Jun 21, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
Don't know too much about expansion chambers (sorry) but I believe they share the same size thread on them. Generally the more stages in the exp. chamber the better chance you have of any liquid co2 expanding before it enters the gun. Look on www.pbreview.com for recommendations and prices.

As for barrels, performance is dictated by the bore / paint match rather than some barrels performing better on some markers than others. Personally I'd stick to Smart Parts barrels although you could also look at the Lapco Bigshot, J&J Ceramic and Dye Excel.

defyitall

Oct 29, 2002
Rochester, NY
www.nudamage.com
the black dragun is spyder-based. so any spyder compatible x chamber will work on it (as well as basically all the spyder upgrades--except bottomlines and dropforwards)

i heard the ACI x chamber is good and the JAVA x kit is good but gets really cold. don't know a ton about barrels. i have a teardrop which cost $50.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
unless they have been particularly annoying, id have to agree with jinks, and say that ANY expansion chamber should fit it, as they should all be standard thread sizes.
The same as all vertical regulators.
also, PBreview is probably quite a good bet for info. Maybe also try the PBnation.com forum, they usually have a wealth of knowledge.

As for barrels, any barrel that is the right bore size for the paint you most commonly use is advisable.
What paint do you shoot / does your local site use?