Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Yeah, Yeah need help getting started

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Well I was interested about half a year ago but I never really went through with it so now for real I'm gonna get started with getting myself some gear :)

I estimate I have close to $300 for everything. I know it's not a lot but whatever I'm beginner so sue me! Anyways my friend who, in my opinion, probably isn't that good (I've never played with him but will on next weekend I think) says for me to go with a Tippman A5 but I'm not ready for a commitment that big. So right now I'm looking at Tippman's and Spyders but I'm completely open to anything the good guys suggest. I would like a marker that would cost around $150. So please help me! Thanks in advance guys. Now I gotta search the other similiar posts.

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Well I've looked a little and the Tippman 98 custom looks like a nice deal. Anyone can tell me how well this marker works?

jack

oh yer baby!
Dec 4, 2002
BIRMINGHAM
basically, the tippy is an entry level marker (great for beginners) and is one of the toughest guns around. You can throw it about, dump it in your kitbag and then forget about it till you play next. Its easy to maintain and with all the aftermarket parts, even easier to upgrade. Living in the USA, there are loads of great tippy's for sale on ebay. You can get an upgraded tippy for about $250 with everything you need, a hopper, co2 tank and add-ons like a drop forward, new barrel etc.
Have a think about what kind of paintball you want to play, be it woodsball or tourney ball, you need a marker to reflect your style of play. The tippmann is a good woodsball gun but if you may want to enter into tournaments, play a bit of sup' air then your better to go for an electro gun to keep up with all of the tourney level guns out there.

Hope this helps

Jack

:) :)

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Whoa! After a few minutes of gazing at the pulsating boobs of your avatar I gained enough courage to reply. I heard the Tippman's were very reliable and all and that they almost never chop your balls up (eww that's sick sounding). But I'm wondering that since I will probably playing a lot of rec-ball during the summer and might go to tourneys but am a little doubtful about doing the tourneys, is the Spyders any good? If I remember for about the price of the 98 custom I can get a Spyder E99 which is electronic and has all these features that I don't even know what they do. So should I go electric or just go with the nice Tippman? Please help!

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Also is a auto feeder thing that agitates the balls into the chamber worth it? I'm going to check out the local paintball store soon and see what used guns they have which would be a better alternative?

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Ok I talked to soem guys online and they said go with a semi auto Spyder. So I checked and check and here's what I've came up with.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-4065.html
One of the guys recommended the Kingman Spyder TL Plus to me so I said I'll check it out and it looks pretty good.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-4056.html
The Kingman Spyder Shutter looks a little better but is also more costly. Personally I rather go with this marker but then again I didn't get a recommendation for this one.

Now for the other stuff I know I need.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/020-4107.html
The nVader looks like a good and very usuable safety mask.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/014-9060-2.html
Personally I'll probably get the cheapest auto loader so I need a lot of advice in this category.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/030-0200.html
I need help in CO2 category also. So please gimme advice in this for like how many ounces should it be able to hold and etc.

I have no clue about the actual paintballs but I will say that I'll probably buy the cheap stuff at Sam's. Anyone have a problem with that?

Please inform me if I missed anything. Thanks for the help!

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Marker - Not much difference between the TL and Shutter. My store sells both and the only real difference is the Shutter is prettier.

Mask - The Nvader is a decent mask. Good protection but limited visibility. I got one for my girl when she started coming to my tournaments but she hated the lense. (she has a Proteus now :p ). Check out the Vforce Shield. It's about 10 bucks more but a much nicer mask - better visibility, more comfortable and easier to change lenses. I prefer the Shield to the Armor.

CO2 - Get the 20 oz for certain. If you're not going to use a remote, make sure you get an anti-siphon installed (your local field or shop should be able to do this). The anti-siphon will reduce liquid CO2 getting into your gun and messing it up (hot shots, freezing).

You may want to check out some of the player packages. We have Spyder, Tippmann, JT and WGP packages that include everything you need - marker, mask, loader and CO2 - and they're usually cheaper than buying seperately. Since you like Action Village :D here you go

retartedpaintballer

Jan 27, 2003
Virginia
marker: get a 98 custom, i ref and so i have seen people do things that i would cry if i saw happen to my timmy but the tippmans just shake it off and keep goin, i have to say tippman makes great guns. They perform well, are easily upgraded with a wide range of products and are relatively cheap. Oh and i've seen a lot of spyder's have problems as far as breaking down mid-game or even at the chrono.

definately 20 oz tank and don't get a remote, they just get caught on things, and also having the steel tank on ur back can be a pain

as far as goggles go, you can't go wrong with a good pair of flex-7's, they're comfortable, easy to breath in, and you have a good range of vision, granted you WILL have to fight with the lense when your changing it, but that's not something you have to do everytime you go play so it's hardly an issue

and definately get urself a 12v revvy, it's easy to operate, is more than fast enough for whatever entry level gun you'll get, and you can use it when you buy another gun too

and as far as all the tourney vs woodsball stuff: don't worry about it of course you won't be hitting up your local tourney scene for awhile and a lot (or at least my) local field make attempts to balance it out (we only let team players have 2 pods of paint) and it'll help you build your skills anyways

retartedpaintballer

Jan 27, 2003
Virginia
aaaaahhhhhh and i just saw that last little bit on ur post bout the paint............. you can go cheap if you want but at least buy it from a proshop where the paint will be fresh. sporting goods stores and places like that have old paint on the shelves and it's really really bad, i guarentee you'll make a mess of your marker with the obscene amount of chopping you'll be doing and don't buy paint online either because it gets all banged up in the mail and

big ball........... i swore by that with my first marker........ but it's pretty cheap and although it isn't good, it isn't anywhere near as bad as something u pick off the shelves at sporting goods store

unless sam's is ur local pro-shop, in which case you can call me an idiot for assuming things that aren't right but around me there's a place called sam's club which is like a bulk-store so that's what i was thinking when i wrote all that about the paint

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Thank God! Finally some help! Well I only used actionvillage because that's where I have been looking at stuff. I'm not going to buy any of the stuff online. Well I'm looking at the Spyders because of a recommendation and because they, imo, are cheap and will probably perform good for the money I spend according to resources. I'm going to definetly look at used stuff first before I settle the deal. Luckily I have until around March 24 (my birthday) to think of exactly what I want. So should I go with the auto feeder thing for sure? I'm thinking no because it doesn't look liek it'll be help with the marker but later on I could use it and it woudl save me buying a semi useless normal loader thing (sorry don't know proper term). Sadly I've never paintballed yet but I'm going with a friend this weekend or next week so I can alwasy say no if I want to. Also would a crappy electric Spyder for around 150 be worth it? Or would it be better to just wait until I get serious about tourney play to get a GOOD electric marker? Kinda of a no brainer question but I gotta ask. I'll mess around with the mask and will sure to get thermal lenses and a 20 oz. CO2 thing. I'll post back soon. Thanks for your help.