Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Yeah, Yeah need help getting started

shane87

Jul 16, 2002
www.livetopaintball.cjb.net
Ok if you have not got your gun yet than here you are. I know a guy he has a tippmann 98 cust. He left it in is truck over night. Well it rained the next day he picked it up out of the water shook it off and shot it. Try that with a e-99.

retartedpaintballer

Jan 27, 2003
Virginia
while i don't doubt that at all about the tippman in the rain (on one of our fields theres a river that runs through the middle and is about weist deep for a good portion of it i saw somebody drop underwater to avoid getting shot, as ridiculous as that was the tippman was fine and well of course the paint was ruined but ya know) i have to say that when you make the bump from entry level to an electro (or cocker if that's what you go for i'm not getting into the whole thing here but it's just preference) you will take better care of that and so won't (in theory) be leaving it in the back of pick-up trucks, or going for a swim with it

as for the lower end electro's.......... they can be faster then the mechanical ones(stock- i'm not talking about any do-it your self mods on spyder frames or tippmans or anything like that just saying so you know they do exist) but i've heard some bad things and this is all just me rambling on having no idea what i'm talking about because i can only tell you what i've heard as i never had a lower end electro......... but of course there's more to go wrong and it does but i have to say, i can't go to pev's fairfax(my local pro-shop) without playing with the electro piranha and i can get pretty fast with that.

and yes definately go for a motorized hopper, if you go cheap and get the 8 dollar gravity fed one having to shake your gun every couple shots will get real old real fast and that is an upgrade i recommend even over a barrel

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Well first off the E99 is out of the picture I think. I'll go to the store soon and check for any cheap nice used markers. Other than that I'm going for a Spyder. Any of the semi auto Spyders are cheap enough that I can easily upgrade soon. Also I've heard enough good things about them to be sure they won't server their duty and some. I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy a cheaper ($100) marker or maybe a little higher at around $150. I'm sure everything will become clearer the day when I go to the store.

xBOOMERx

Aug 19, 2002
harrogate
Visit site
if you havent bought a marker yet think of it like buying a new car. unless you plan on sticking to recball think of the options you are gonna want to get later. no point in dropping 150 quid to get a spyder setup if your gonna turn around later to get a cocker set up.( just an ex.) almost always after you have had your marker for awhile you get tired of itd performance or should i say used to its performance and so you go buy upgrades. i have seen people drop as much as 500 bucks on a spyder fo marker, tank and upgrades which could have been used to buy a more advanced marker. if you can hold off the urges to buy the first thing infront of you i would. think about your preference, are you gonna be happy with a spyder or whatever entry marker you get in 6 months. also you will never(well hardly ever) be able to sell a used marker for what you spent on it. look at the angels on ebay for instance. 2002 lcd for 550$ when somebody bought it for 900-1000. im sure almost everybody has been in your situation before and listen to what we have to say. it might be difficult but it will make you more happy in the long run..........oh yeah by the way, i recomend a cocker. i have had a spyder and tippman, i now own a cocker and angel.......you decide on what you wanna do later

my 5$ worth..
boomer

retartedpaintballer

Jan 27, 2003
Virginia
boomer............ did you REALLY just reccomend a cocker for an entry level gun?!?:eek:

and besides he said he only had about 300 or something for everything, not just the marker:eek:

but yea he's right about the upgrade thing

and i have a question for dohhh..... have you played before with either a rental or a friends gun? as much as everybody hates having to play with rentals it does give you a good idea on how the whole sport works and whatnot and will give you an idea if you like it, paintball isn't for everybody but it is a fun safe way to spend a saturday or sunday and many people get hooked, but some just plain don't like it

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
No, I haven't played yet but will have fixed that problem soon since me and a friend are going pretty soon. I'm heeding that message and am deciding I should probably go for cheaper marker that will just be there rfore me whever and won't make me pay for rentals. Any ideas?

Dude

Spyder TL.

Thats all i can say. Cheap yet reliable, A good marker for a starter if you ask me. I got a deal from Planet Eclipse in Trafford,
Spyder TL
20oz Co2
Mask (Which i upgraded)
Standard Hopper
for £191

and i also went halves with a friend and got 1000pantballs each!

Si