Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Yeah, Yeah need help getting started

xBOOMERx

Aug 19, 2002
harrogate
Visit site
yeah i suggested a cocker........ask yourself....how long before you knew every detail about your 1st marker? entry level or not. i completly agree that you should go play with a friends gun or rental gun before actually buying a marker. but my advice wasnt to buy a marker right away. it was to save his money and buy the marker he is gonna want to stick with in the long run. i for one loved my spyder but not long after i had it i wanted a better marker. i was lucky enough to be given a tippman by my ex-girl, which was enough of a change for about a week. all and all i spent more money on upgrades and barrels then i would have on just buying a cocker.

just my 5$ worth

boomer

retartedpaintballer

Jan 27, 2003
Virginia
yea, i agree with like everything your saying, but if he were to go with just a wgp 2k3, which now that i think about i haven't heard anything about, but with everything before that, there are always lots of problems, and looking at it and going "well that sucks" doesn't help any and it's good to have a good sense on how a paintball gun works before trying to fix it and nothing against cockers, but they tend to be a little more high maintence then other markers and harder to learn and definately more intimidating to a new player

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Well I've looked at this Dragun stuff someone refered me to and I can say right now. It's not anywhere near what I'm looking for. Seems liek the Tippman 98 custom fits in my budget just about the best. The problem is I think I'm gonna spend less money on this stuff. Now of course I'm not spending a dime on this stuff until I've played which will be either this week or next. So here's what I know I'm probably gettign and rough prices. 9 or 12 volt revvy for about 60 bucks unless I find one used or on sale. 20 oz CO2 thing for about 30 bucks unless I can fidn an anti siphon one fore a little mroe but nonetheless cheap. About 40 bucks for a V-Force Shield mask. About 40 or 50 bucks for a 2000 thing of paintballs. So far that equals about 200 bucks... That's pretty expensive, imo, for just the OTHER stuff. So as you can see I'm looking for a cheap marker one that will do it's duty and keep my playing cheap because I won't need to rent markers. So please I would liek to know what a cheaper marker is that will help me fit everything in my budget. Right now I'm thinking I coudl cut the revvy for a cheap normal hopper. That would be probably a great setback but it would keep things that much cheaper. I judge I'lll have close to 250-280 by end of march. just trying to give some more info so you guys can help me even more.

retartedpaintballer

Jan 27, 2003
Virginia
http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/wg-order?unique=6b998&catalog=actionvillage&et=3e66c0a0&basket=5C80e188d800905a3e66b96582a5cd1e188d86fab62441260cac417b5c9b5432a&delete-5f96472e042d5b141125d8025cc0ef98=remove

have a look at that....... that's everything you'll need to start with right there (not including paint because you don't buy that online)
and includes everything you just said you wanted......

it gets you u a quality gun, v-force shield, 20oz CO2anti-syphon(even has smart parts on/off valve), 12v revvy wit x-board all for
$269.50

or you can click gun packages and look around yourself (if you go to the bottom you can change all the different things like what goggles and what hopper and stuff like that and shows you the change in the price that makes)

Meyer

Hey, I know you said you didn't want it, but I have to throw in a voice for the Dragun. The little things are amazing. I started on a tippmann, then moved on to a Dragun basic for a few local tourneys, and the difference between the two are simply astounding. Its been said by some people that they can keep up w/ impys and bushies, this is crap, but they are fast shooting, simple to operate guns that are really cheap. The best part is, they are just spyder clones, so finding upgrades is easy.

I know you said it wasn't what your looking for, but in my experience the tippmanns are just too big and bulky, and for just a bit more money you can get into a low end electro.

Cassidy James

Kamakazi Runner
Dec 15, 2002
Redding, CA
www.newgrounds.com
Have u got ur stuff yet? If not, here is a package at paintballgeeks.com:

$235.71
Blue Spyder Shutter
20oz. Tank
Black JT X-Fire Elite Thermal Mask
Viewloader 200 Revolution 12V Hopper (the thing that holds the paintballs).

Highly suggested. Just a little story but my friend bought a Shutter by itself for $250, the an electronic handle for enougher $200. This is just me talking, but I dont c y he did it. Now the whole thing is worth about $200. I suggest not upgradeing anymore after u buy this (if you do.)

dohhhhh6

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Well are the Drugan compacts any good? Because that' what I looked at and it didn't look like something I'd want. I porbably won't buy it online but I'll look into the package maybe.