Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

yes a noob here

FU84R

FU84R
Jun 15, 2008
OXFORD
hi all new here.apart from some gloves no gear yet.ive played about 1o times.
stag,birthdays etc.and getting the PB bug.need some thing new to do (apart from frags on the pc and shouting at the kids) lol.
my questions. if i buy marker etc.can i just turn up and play at closes place?
do you have to use there kit and amo?
many thanks.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
well i dpeneds on where you really want to play.
if at a punter site, i think youll only be aloud a mech marker which is compatible with CO2 which would make sence since most punter sites use CO2.
or you could play walk ons which you can use electros or mechs and you would either bring your own paint or buy there paint.
but if your wanting to play at a punter site you'll have to use there own paint.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Do you have your own transport? If so the world is your oyster (if oysters are your thing). Like motocross boy said, punter (rental) sites often run CO2 (which is pretty bad stuff for anything but a mech marker) but many do run HPA (air) and do walk-ons in which you could use any marker. Find out what local sites you have (or ones you could get to via train etc) and then get back to us. If you're mainly looking to play woodsball and just mess about a bit then a mech would be fine and there are loads to choose from(Tippmans are a good place to start), but if you want to try sup'air you're looking at electros, and there are a loads to choose from depending on your budget. If you give us some more details we may be able to offer you some good advice.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Oh yeah, in the meantime, get a good pair of goggles as they will make EVERYTHING better and more fun. If you've been using site goggs then a good pair will be like a spiritual experience to use. V-Force Grillz or Profilers, E-vents, JT flex8s are all good choices(it's down to preference really from that list). It's worth shelling out a few quid for good goggs, and any site will let you use them, so get them first and play a bit before handing out triple digits on a marker.

FU84R

FU84R
Jun 15, 2008
OXFORD
Thanks for quick reply guys,my closes sites are Reading and Bambury.got a 7 seater so travels not to bad.will give them a call see whats what.was looking at the tippmanns as the mods look fun.
are there any shops near oxford that you no of?
be nice to get hands on.
thanks again guys:)

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk
Thanks for quick reply guys,my closes sites are Reading and Bambury.got a 7 seater so travels not to bad.will give them a call see whats what.was looking at the tippmanns as the mods look fun.
are there any shops near oxford that you no of?
be nice to get hands on.
thanks again guys:)

If you go to Rob's site (Weekend Warriors), they do have Air & CO2 there to use, but make sure you get the proper training to use the system first, tell him i sent you.. .& pop into his shop in Reading he can do you a nice package deal...( Paintball Direct)

Cliff...:)

FU84R

FU84R
Jun 15, 2008
OXFORD
aha reading thats brill.30 mins from here.will do.sniperlee got the entry level marker i need so a top fathers day spent by the PC me thinks.mind be better if i was in the field so ta speek lol.thanks for your help bro take it easy and cheesy.
mike