Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Yet another Ion Question...................

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Ok, so i bought an Ion as a fun project, off a guy who had it lying around for ages.

Got it home, cleaned it, lubed the bolt and orings etc, discovered I needed a new board, which John C very kindly sorted for me. God bless you Lucky and Spitfire............

Now then all is fitted up, discovered a leak, changed the internal hose and leak problem gone.

switch on, fresh battery, solenoid clicks just fine, and vents out the bottom as it should, but the dang bolt won't budge. It moves around freely enough when i shake it, but will not move when trigger is pulled.

Pressure set at around 180-190, eyes are off.

No qev fitted yet, but thats all i can tell ya.

any ideas folks????

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
dwell set to standard and i assume all the hoses are fine, as the bolt moves back from the forward position when the air is screwed in.

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Could there be a blockage in any of the banjo fittings or maybe where they screw into?
Have you tried running the board outside of the gripframe to make sure its not shorting somewhere?

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
the board is perfectly fine, inside the grip frame and out.

best thing to do then would be replace all the banjos?

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I don't think so mate, but I am not an Ion person either................
I only bought this as something to tinker with.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Theres a part in the ion i think it might be the bolt stop which is concave on both sides more on one than the other, i have in the past put it in the wrong way around and had the prob your having.

Now im not calling you stupid far from it but i was dull enough to do it, but that doesnt say much when it come from me and teching guns.

But you could always check that :)