Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Yo. Nub with a few questions.

sennz

K20 EG
Nov 14, 2007
Hey guys.

At the moment, ive started ordering gear to start paintballing. Ive done Speedball and woodsball MANY times, but only with the gear they give on site.
I absolutly love Sup'air.

So i decided to buy my own gear. Atm ive got pretty much everything i need, except Playing paints an HPA tank (which i will get at christmas).

I have a few questions tho.

1. Barrel length. What is the best size barrel. (14, 16" etc) and why.

2. What sort of shoes would you use? semi cheap football boots with plastic studs?

Also, seeing tho i live in Leicester, are there any decent sup'air sites / teams that is willing to let a beginner come an join them on practice days etc. Are there any Walk-on day places for sup'air around leicester? All i seem to find is woodsball and sup'air fields by ratby.

Bought a ion just for starting off etc. Nothing to expensive until i put more time into the sport.

Thanks.

JTD1993

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2007
Chatham, Medway, Kent, UK.
Hey guys.

At the moment, ive started ordering gear to start paintballing. Ive done Speedball and woodsball MANY times, but only with the gear they give on site.
I absolutly love Sup'air.

So i decided to buy my own gear. Atm ive got pretty much everything i need, except Playing paints an HPA tank (which i will get at christmas).

I have a few questions tho.

2. What sort of shoes would you use? semi cheap football boots with plastic studs?

Also, seeing tho i live in Leicester, are there any decent sup'air sites / teams that is willing to let a beginner come an join them on practice days etc. Are there any Walk-on day places for sup'air around leicester? All i seem to find is woodsball and sup'air fields by ratby.

Bought a ion just for starting off etc. Nothing to expensive until i put more time into the sport.

Thanks.
Hello.

Firstly.. Welcome to paintball!

An ion is a great starter marker, and many people have bought themselves ions, unlike myself who bought a mechanical marker :D.
I personally know nothing about barrels, so I'm going to skip to number 2.. Buy something with at least a little bit of grip so you don't fall flat on your face, football boots, golf shoes, or if playing astro-turf, buy astro turf trainers.

Joe

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Barrel Length: 12-14" is about right in my opinion. (I think) Paintballs travel at top speed for about the first 10" , then anything else is just added distance/friction

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Joe is correct about footwear. A £20 pair of footy boots will suit you just fine.

Barrels, there is no difference in performance for different lengths. 14in is what everyone gets. What you do need to do is get the correct bore size. I suggest getting a .692 or bigger. This will allow any paintball to fly through it. If you start getting smaller bore barrels, you may start breaking paint in the barrel (as the ball doesnt fit quite right)

Have a search for the Leicester Wildcats. Great team and if Darren Woodiwiss still has anything to do with them, you will be in good hands. Maybe make a post in announcements/queries/contacts :)

Oh and welcome to paintball :) my only advice, is beware of bad advice ;)

PM me if you need anything, or you have any questions.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Barrel Length: 12-14" is about right in my opinion. (I think) Paintballs travel at top speed for about the first 10" , then anything else is just added distance, accuracy etc...
Incorrect. You think? Well thats just brilliant.

There is no difference in performance for different barrel lengths. Beware of BAD advice ;)

JTD1993

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2007
Chatham, Medway, Kent, UK.
Barrels, there is no difference in performance for different lengths. 14in is what everyone gets. What you do need to do is get the correct bore size. I suggest getting a .692 or bigger. This will allow any paintball to fly through it. If you start getting smaller bore barrels, you may start breaking paint in the barrel (as the ball doesnt fit quite right)
Quite right indeed. Although if using smaller balls, you may want to buy a smaller bore for times like these, Such as barrel kits (Don't go into these just yet.)..
Most people like to put there balls into the hole and blow the barrel. Oh and careful of all the sexual activity on these forums.

Buying a repairs kit, spares kit or upgrades (essential ones) for your markers are about the only thing I would suggest right now, but don't go into buying all the fancy stuff (unless you know you have money for repairs if need be.).
Oh and welcome to paintball :) my only advice, is beware of bad advice ;)
One to look out for, wait a few posts before taking a few peoples advice.. Don't want things going wrong on your first day :)

Joe

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Incorrect. You think? Well thats just brilliant.

There is no difference in performance for different barrel lengths. Beware of BAD advice ;)
Calm Down:rolleyes:

Well I was right about the top speed for the first 10" and 12"-14" being about right. I wasnt 100% sure about the accuracy/distant thing hence the (I think), anyway I made a mistake:p was only saying what I thought.

Nickeroo

Honorary Canadian
May 16, 2007
Wales

Hey, note to your questions

1. Go for a 14" it's basically industry standard and works well for all field positions, generally they say the longer the barrel the more accurate it is, but really it all depends on the quality of the barrel. Everyone i know uses a 14" and it's more than fine for them, though you will often see back players using 16" and then there's those guys who think they can snipe with a 21" (lol)

2. I've found using astro-turf trainer's more than suitable. They provide adequate grip whatever the weather/surface and are comfy, pick up a pair from your local sports shop

And with note to team's in you're area, there is the leicester wildcats, you'll find some of the guys lurking 'round the dark dank pits of this forum haha.

With note to buying things, don't be afraid to check out the for sale forums here, i've bought my fair share of bargains and a lot of the guys are really great and willing to help

Good luck with the sport buddy, and just watch it consume your life away!!!

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Calm Down:rolleyes:

Well I was right about the top speed for the first 10" and 12"-14" being about right. I wasnt 100% sure about the accuracy/distant thing hence the (I think), anyway I made a mistake:p was only saying what I thought.

Well what you heard and what you know are two different things. I suggest you calm down dishing out hearsay advice.

Anyways, I found the Leicester Wildcats webby :) http://www.leicester-wildcats.co.uk/
cause Im nice like that.

And here is a link about barrels. Third post down answers everything http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018