Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

You guys seem to dislike camo...

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Don't you love it that mods seem to be experts in everything? :p
With regards to cammo on the field, paintball's just one big fashion show lol. No one reeeally cares about getting shot......well not strictly true.....but I doubt blending into the bunkers will do much.

You do NOT want to challenge us to a game of trivia. I once ate an encyclopedia.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
I hear he washed it down with a glass of Scrabble pieces...hardcore sh!t. They don't mess around in Holland when it comes to encyclopedia eating.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
no need for camouflage if you don't wanna get hit keep in close and keep your profile low. camouflage won;'t do anything for ya.

hell keeping yoru profile low is one of the things they teach soldiers in the army, be they normal regs or snipers, tis one o the easiest and moost sensible ways of keeping alive. blending in with your surroundings has little to do with it.

keep in tight to the bunker, elbows and legs in. anything showing its gonna get hit.

daniisosta

EMPIRE PAINTBALL
Sep 30, 2006
colchester
you can buy camo kit if you really want to be old school!! empire digi-camo!! (not that im on a sales trip :eek: lol)
its pretty cool, you can kill 2 birds with one stone and use it when you feel like having a little "rambo" moment, aswell as on sup'air

everyone's a winner!!

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
On the whole "why things are seen" bit, we're taught that the human eye spots things for several reasons. These are normally grouped into the 5 S's

1. Shape
2. Shadow
3. Silhouette
4. Surface
5. Spacing
6. MOVEMENT

The human and most other eyes are most sensitive to movement through either being predator or prey animals. Therefore the distances and relative openness of the speed-ball/sup air field make most types of camo worthless, and only worn for pure image reasons eg. wanting to look agg.

just my 2p:)

daniisosta

EMPIRE PAINTBALL
Sep 30, 2006
colchester
Therefore the distances and relative openness of the speed-ball/sup air field make most types of camo worthless, and only worn for pure image reasons eg. wanting to look agg.

just my 2p:)

And really...... isnt that wat paintball has become anyway?

a fashion show lol

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
A sup air field is a collection of regular smooth surfaces, the slightest deviation from this leaps out at the human eye, using the same part of the brain that's still checking the undergowth for tigers. Colour doesn't come into it, in fact, a fair proportion of games will be played into the sun and backlit (especially in winter) so you are shooting silhouettes through a filtered lens.
Camo only works when you aren't moving, the slightest motion will draw immediate attention to you, stay that still in sup air and you'll be mugged.
As for blending in with the bunkers? If you are showing enough of your shirt, mask or hopper for colour to be an issue, then don't worry as you will have been hit on your way to step in front of the bunker.
Most players will react to 1" of barrel sneaking around a bunker, so your shirt is rarely going to be an issue.
The other factor in sup air is simple, you watch the breakout, the other team only has so many places to go. For the most part, you know who is where and have defined places to watch out for. You know how many there are and the exact direction they have to come from. Camo will do next to nothing. I'd rather stand out against the bunkers, that gives the players behind you a much more clearly defined view of the field as they are looking at you framed against a bunker (unlike the other team who are looking for changes in bunker outline).

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
A sup air field is a collection of regular smooth surfaces, the slightest deviation from this leaps out at the human eye, using the same part of the brain that's still checking the undergowth for tigers. Colour doesn't come into it, in fact, a fair proportion of games will be played into the sun and backlit (especially in winter) so you are shooting silhouettes through a filtered lens.
Camo only works when you aren't moving, the slightest motion will draw immediate attention to you, stay that still in sup air and you'll be mugged.
As for blending in with the bunkers? If you are showing enough of your shirt, mask or hopper for colour to be an issue, then don't worry as you will have been hit on your way to step in front of the bunker.
Most players will react to 1" of barrel sneaking around a bunker, so your shirt is rarely going to be an issue.
The other factor in sup air is simple, you watch the breakout, the other team only has so many places to go. For the most part, you know who is where and have defined places to watch out for. You know how many there are and the exact direction they have to come from. Camo will do next to nothing. I'd rather stand out against the bunkers, that gives the players behind you a much more clearly defined view of the field as they are looking at you framed against a bunker (unlike the other team who are looking for changes in bunker outline).
This is an extremely good and intelligent post because it deals with facts and doesn't career into speculation that falls outside of commonsense or experience.
However, I would add one more thing that seems to be a natural conclusion to Jose's post and that is to state, 'in Sup' Air, a player's technical skill-set is his cammouflage'....... and if you can fully understand what I am suggesting here, then you are beginning to understand the true nature of tourney play, leastwise as exemplified by Sup 'Air players.
Nice one Jose.