Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

You Have to see this!!!

WKD

Apr 7, 2002
East yorkshire
Visit site
Jesus i fell off my chair laughing at that one best 2 bits on the vid from cheesville was the first when Adanm and Billy Gardner are walkin past the teams sorting there kit out did you see how many sp markers were in bits on the tables as they walked past lol.
The other was the bit about them revolutionising paintball by inventing the electro marker :rolleyes: after whats happened in the courts recentley with W.D.P i wonder if that part about patents and the like will get edited out or are they gonna end up in court again for mis information about a product.

And these are the people that are supposed to be at the fore front off promoting paintball and the nxl oh dear i really hope pure promotions and the NPPL get there first .

If not Buddha 3 can i borrow the desert eagle after you buddy !!!!! Cos after watching that vid ive lost the will to live :confused:

Aten-Re

P8baller Uk (Halo2)
Nov 21, 2003
manchester
Visit site
size

I am confused how can a tinpot company will only 100 staff and next to nought 100'00sq ft have such control, I knew nothing about their corporate situation untill I watched this vid, why doesnt someone just stomp on them.

Grendel-Khan

I Love The Fun Police
I guess its time to make myself the pariah again in this post. Yes the vid is world class crap (Spesh doing the catepillar? On a table ? In a Factory?????? W>>T>>F>>????) But remember that they are in effect selling the sport to an audience that has no experience with PB. The staged game captures all the exciting aspects that draw people to PB. The gay little speech by the Gardners helps introduce people to the sport, even if they could have sold the sport more and SP less. As for the Gary Glitter song, there is apparantly nobody on here thats been to a major sporting event in the last ten years. How many NBA and NFL (Id imagine FA Premeireship too) games play that song to get the crowd pumped up? It's a great "Jock Jam" that gets the viewer in a frame of mind to accept PB on the same kevel as other competitive sports. Yall need to pull your heads outta your asses and put your narrow minded SP vendetta aside for five minutes. Yall wanted PB to be a big business, well welcome to the real world slappy, get used to it, businesses protect their assets. And if you think that WDP are some kind of Marxist "help the players before we help ourselves" orginazation, it;s time for a wake up call. Business is business, and you play to win. Period.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by Grendel-Khan
I guess its time to make myself the pariah again in this post. Yes the vid is world class crap (Spesh doing the catepillar? On a table ? In a Factory?????? W>>T>>F>>????) But remember that they are in effect selling the sport to an audience that has no experience with PB. The staged game captures all the exciting aspects that draw people to PB. The gay little speech by the Gardners helps introduce people to the sport, even if they could have sold the sport more and SP less. As for the Gary Glitter song, there is apparantly nobody on here thats been to a major sporting event in the last ten years. How many NBA and NFL (Id imagine FA Premeireship too) games play that song to get the crowd pumped up? It's a great "Jock Jam" that gets the viewer in a frame of mind to accept PB on the same kevel as other competitive sports. Yall need to pull your heads outta your asses and put your narrow minded SP vendetta aside for five minutes. Yall wanted PB to be a big business, well welcome to the real world slappy, get used to it, businesses protect their assets. And if you think that WDP are some kind of Marxist "help the players before we help ourselves" orginazation, it;s time for a wake up call. Business is business, and you play to win. Period.
No. absolutely no. Look at the Fox TV thing that PP and the NPPL have done. Not absolutely my cup of tea but still leagues better beyond this tosh. Point is this is patronising beyond belief.

As a test try showing this to someone who knows nothing about paintball and watch them cringe into their seat. Try same experiment with a 720 trailer or NPPL/PP promo - they get all the same info - just not related like they were 3 years old.

It's a piss poor production, whoever made it (concept wise) needs to get a different job. Like I said previously I only feel sorry for the Gardeners because they are in it, just like I feel sorry for John Travolta in Battlefield Earth.

Don't try and make this into a 'we hate smart parts thing' - it's a 'we can't bear to see utter **** passed off as infotainment thing' ;)

Just watched it again and it is jaw droppingly bad...
I called my mum in to look at it and her words were "Oh dear".

I think the way that the staged game is presented is targeted at an audience too young to legally play paintball anyway and anyone old enough would probably have the same thoughts as my non paintball playing mum.