You know what???

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by paintyerass
well lets see how long this lasts! Personally I
have not been posting lately for the simple reason that in takeing the time to compile a consice
and to the point post, only to have it editted
or simply disapear really pisses me off.

What the hell are you on about ?
Robbo

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Tort, that's excellent. I'm going to get that printed on a T-shirt.

Guppy - mate, as long as you're around I'll always be number 2 weirdo.:)

In my defence I would claim that I was answering Rooster's call at the start of the thread. Yeah right. Now, where's mi Davey Crocket hat?

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
There's a rockin' chair, a porch, a banjo and a pet racoon waiting right here for ya 'Cid

By the way, I thought 'Nam' were named that way coz they wuz the Dagenham Wrecking Crew.....'Nam for short, but hey bro I could be wrong. ;)

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Originally posted by Al Woods

By the way, I thought 'Nam' were named that way coz they wuz the Dagenham Wrecking Crew.....'Nam for short, but hey bro I could be wrong. ;)

oi, don't help them.:)

That was a story he put about... but I've been in his shed, and it's covered in dodgy stuff he's bought from Gun Mart. (A stark contrast to his bedroom, which is covered in stuff he bought from Arse Mart.)

Geez, you leave the board for like 24 hrs!

Originally posted by rancid

Then you're fooling yourself.

I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a sport that arms kids and has them wear military-style clothing; shoot guns which fire projectiles at other humans with the sole intention of 'killing them' and sending them to the dead box. I've also never heard of a sport who's biggest icon (debatable but stick with me) named his team 'The Nam' cos of his yearning to recreate battles from the 60s.

Answer that and stay fashionable!
I think we can all agree that what you refer to there is rec-ball, I don't play much rec-ball, never have really, I play tourney-ball. Now rec-ball looks a lot like real war, I concede, but how many stories have you heard about soldiers playing paintball and getting wooped by a bunch of kids coz they tried to treat a game like a section attack?

Tourney-ball has moved on a LONG way in the last few years, all the tourney ball I have played for a long time now has been speedball. What I play is not war, it is a sport.

By the looks of things Hotpoint has also read "Rainbow Six" which has a long section devoted to the marshal roots of most of the sports played in the olympics, so I won't bother to say any of that.
But I would draw attention to American Football, where the idea apears to be to line up and beat 7 bells of sh!* out of each other with the intention of breaking through the enemy lines... sound liek war to you? These guys where armour, helmets and warpaint; paintballers where goggles...

Also, Rugby, Harrow football, for the uninitiated (basicly anyone who didn't go to Harrow school) this is pretty similar to American football (if slightly older than america...) and involves barging the oposition out of the way to get to their "Base".

All sports are ritualised warfare, or small aaspects of war distilled into a game, after-all quite a lot of war is not modled in any game of paintball, no matter how elaborate.

Oh, judging by the abuse I got last time I turned up to a tourney I have never been fashionable, so if I am not now... nothing has changed.

If Rancid's brother was the prince of darkness, would that make him at least the prince of insuficient light?

Richard

p.s. Devils advocate; the devil pays a lawyer to do his dirty work... and they claim to be the good guy?

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Geez, you leave the board for like 24 hrs!

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK

By the looks of things Hotpoint has also read "Rainbow Six" which has a long section devoted to the marshal roots of most of the sports played in the olympics,

If Rancid's brother was the prince of darkness, would that make him at least the prince of insuficient light?
Nope never read "Rainbow Six" did my own research to back up my arguments with the Sports Councils. I usually read Sci-Fi or Non-Fiction

Rancid would only be the Prince of Insufficient Light if his name was Phil and he always carried a huge spoon (only a Dilbert fan will understand this reference) :)

Originally posted by TheRo0sTer
LMMFAO!!! Not that's humor! :D
Don't think that your safe either mister Ro0ster. If only that team corrosion site was still up and running I could lift your piccy and do one for you as well. Oh well I'm sure its out in websville somewhere I'll just have to look.
Or you could save me the trouble and just send it to me:D