Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

You must read this from Steve Bull UKPSF

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Aye - just thought i'd offer a friendly warning :)

Anyway, nothing materialised (as expected) and VM are investigating his threats, so he may lose his connection :)
Regardless of the site, noone wants people who sell lethal paintballs on their forums trying to defend their product and post links on how to make them..

..A.Kaye..

Aberdeen Fusion
Oct 4, 2011
Aberdeen
Just got a response back from eBay customer service (policy department) after emailing them, telling them the items for sale are agains eBay policy and a threat to the UK Paintball community, this is what I got back:

"Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Paul and I'm happy to help you further.

Alex, I really appreciate your valuable existence with eBay community. It's truly a pleasure to have members like you in our community.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about a listing (Item # 280880019554) for a potential breach of our policy. I've forwarded the details to our policy expert team; they will review the listing and will take appropriate action if the listing breaches the policy. Please be assured, the policy remains the same for all the members of eBay community.

I would like to highlight that the appropriate action ranges anything from warning the member, removing the listing, restricting the account, suspending the account and even suspending the account infinitely. I am not able to disclose the action that we take on the member’s account but I can definitely assure you that we we’ll be taking an appropriate action on the member’s account in case it is in breach of our policy even though it may not be visible to you.

I appreciate that you have contacted us about this and you can definitely write back to us in case you want to know more about the policy, we will be glad to help you out.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and for helping us to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

Kind regards,

Paul Simpson
eBay Trust & Safety"

Hopefully this will result in the member being suspended, the listing removed completely and stop it from happening again...fingers crossed!!

Alex

Last edited:

Deville

Mar 27, 2012
Just got a response back from eBay customer service (policy department) after emailing them, telling them the items for sale are agains eBay policy and a threat to the UK Paintball community, this is what I got back:

"Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Paul and I'm happy to help you further.

Alex, I really appreciate your valuable existence with eBay community. It's truly a pleasure to have members like you in our community.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about a listing (Item # 280880019554) for a potential breach of our policy. I've forwarded the details to our policy expert team; they will review the listing and will take appropriate action if the listing breaches the policy. Please be assured, the policy remains the same for all the members of eBay community.

I would like to highlight that the appropriate action ranges anything from warning the member, removing the listing, restricting the account, suspending the account and even suspending the account infinitely. I am not able to disclose the action that we take on the member’s account but I can definitely assure you that we we’ll be taking an appropriate action on the member’s account in case it is in breach of our policy even though it may not be visible to you.

I appreciate that you have contacted us about this and you can definitely write back to us in case you want to know more about the policy, we will be glad to help you out.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and for helping us to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

Kind regards,

Paul Simpson
eBay Trust & Safety"

Hopefully this will result in the member being suspended, the listing removed completely and stop it from happening again...fingers crossed!!

Alex
I honestly don't think ebay will do anything as I don't think the items broke any ebay policy, and why would ebay worry about paintballing in the UK. The only thing i thought they may be able to pull the listing up on was not stating the over 18 rule, but most of the listings for air rifle pellets don't state that you have to be over 18 to buy them either, which i thought was the law.

..A.Kaye..

Aberdeen Fusion
Oct 4, 2011
Aberdeen
I honestly don't think ebay will do anything as I don't think the items broke any ebay policy, and why would ebay worry about paintballing in the UK. The only thing i thought they may be able to pull the listing up on was not stating the over 18 rule, but most of the listings for air rifle pellets don't state that you have to be over 18 to buy them either, which i thought was the law.
Its worth a try, not sure what else to do...just cant sit back and watch the UK paintball scene disintegrate.

Reactions: Care_Bears

Deville

Mar 27, 2012
We can only hope that the UKPSF gets them banned from sale and hope there are no follow on repercussions.

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
Good to stop these things before it even begins.

And in reference to reballs - even though they are not a frangable round, the main issue isn't with the round being shot at 280-330fps, but more about the force of it, and the pound per inch of force each round emits.
Paintballs and reballs are fairly similar in weight and consistency, which is why even though they arn't frangable, they still have a similar ppi to paintballs. (I say similar - reballs are slightly heavier, which is why markers are reduced. That, and they f@#%ing hurt). These steel balls however are twice the weight, so being shot at 280fps would bring them FAR outside the parameters of being a paintball marker (or in this class of firearm).

Reactions: Care_Bears

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if those balls from the ebay listing are the same/very similar to those packed in military claymore explosives.