Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

You use HOW much paint?

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
Okay - something I read in the Joy Master thread were comments around the amount of paint that people are using (and how it was a lot less in Sweden).

I have seen comments ranging from usual usage of 30 cases down to a usage of 8 cases at Sweden. The questions, therefore, are:

1. How many cases of paint does your team use (on average) at a Millennium Series event (pre-Sweden)
  2. Is this just prelim paint, or does it include semi's/finals?
  3. What cost is paint being sold for at the tournaments?
    [/list=1]

I have to admit that from this side of the world 30 cases of paint seems a fair amount (nearly double the average NZ consumption per team at a tournament) ... so would be interested in your comments.

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
its because back players use alot of paint i mean most back players us 9-11 150 round pods a game so with each of the back players shootin like 1200-1500 balls a game but they gotta cover there front guys.

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
Nick

Thanks for that - your figures are right on what we use over here for a 7-player event. I saw the posting some were making on 28+ cases and nearly choked on my coffee.

What is everyone else using roughly?

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
What amout is reasonable to carry?

Average consumption is interesting. But what I need to know is what is the range? What is a reasonable amount to take care of most eventualities for each respective position? (I'm looking to buy a pack. Any recommendations for an insert/sometimes front distraction player?)

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Most teams in the novice/Amateur divisions say they go through between 12 and 20 cases at a Millennium event. The average seems to be about 16 (I've been asking a few teams this year for interests sake ;) )

If they get to the finals it's twenty something... to do 28 cases without making it to the finals may say something about the style of play :eek: ;)

Wadidiz, in 10 man you are going to use more paint, most of what we are talking about here is 7 man millenniums. As a mid to front player you might want a flexible pack which carries upto 9 pods (like the redz 5.4) you can always carry less but if you are playing mid, you may need all 7. I'm by no means overly familiar with NPPL play though :)

manike

Northy_Delta

stop bitchin start playin
Aug 5, 2002
Harrogate AKA Toytown
Visit site
does anyone think that having ssssoooo much paint 9-10 pods used by a single person per game can make the game less interesting. im personally not too fussed if an event is limited or unlimited. i just often see a situation where its 4v2 or 6v3 and the team with the fewer players find that they cant move due to the amount of paint that is hitting there bunker, they end up sitting there until someone comes in for the mugging. this doesnt happen as much in limited as people dont have the vast amount of paint to throw. what do you lot think? i dont think i have played enough tournaments to make a decsion (only been playing one year and a bit) but im sure most of you have.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I play everything from stock class paintball (where I may do way less than 10 balls in a game) to the World Cup, where I will do 10 pods in game.

All forms are great and enjoyable and come with their own ways and entertainment.

I think it's the players that make the game interesting or boring, not how much paint they have to shoot...

manike

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Northy_Delta
world cup eh! were playing that next year. what was it like?
Amazing :) It's a paintball mecca. It may not be quite as slick as the Millennium series but it is HUGE! something like nearly 200 5 man teams and 160 10 man teams...

Trade stands that take at least a day to visit everything...

I love going out for the World Cup. :D

manike