Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

young and trying to get into paintball

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
Find a local site which does walkons, get to one of them and have a play with peoples markers see which you like.

Find out whether CO2 or air is available (air is better for every marker, but not always provided.)

I highly recommend the classifieds on here as well as Lips as has already been mentioned.

Whats your price range?

Also .. buy a mask first! Most people jump straight into buying a gun, but actually, its probably pretty much the last thing you want to purchase.

i recommned these video's so so much to a new person to the sport .. http://www.youtube.com/user/paintballtechpb

Watch, pretty much all of the vids lol

woofie306

Apocalypse Paintball
Feb 10, 2008
Cambridge
150 proberly best thing you can get new is a pmr from lips with a year warentyor spend another 50 pound and buy a mini but they are not for everyone

gazza292

Banned
Jul 10, 2008
Gosport, england
where can i go to try them out tho lol cuz i dont think we hav shops round here tht sell markers or anything like tht probz cuz i live in gosports next to portsmouth

Kazary

Paintball Ro0kie
Jun 26, 2008
Essex
just so you know stock SLG is a solid gun, but you will need to replace the feedneck straight away. Its not a clamping or adjustable feedneck which means that your hopper that holds + feeds the paint is more then likely to slip out if you get a lil rough with it, so add the cost of a new feedneck for a slg (unless it already comes witha clamping) or see if buying a PMR might be better since its not much more

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Hi mate,
Welcome to paintball, the best thing to do is try and get yourself down to the freekz site this Sunday, it's near Southampton so pretty close to you.

Directions here http://lemonadex.net/freekz/directions.php .
There's a tourney running that day so there will be loads of different types of gear for you to have a look at, or if you ask nicely for you to try at the chrono area.

Good shop sites are

www.heavenpaintball.co.uk for all things Dye or Proto
www.planeteclipse.co.uk for Ego's and Eteks

I would try and support Uk sites as they put stuff back in to UK paintball, plus the price you see is what you pay, rather than buying from US sites and thinking you've saved yourself a bundle only for the customs fees to be added:(

Hope this helps mate

Matt
PS pm me if you are going on Sunday,