Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Younglings, watch and learn.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Maybe then you were playing for the sport, not the victory or recognition?

Seems like now everyone goes onto the field, looking good, caring more about the way they look, they're going out to impress, and sometimes not by the way they play.
Phil, you could well be right, I don't know for sure but i tend to think it goes a little deeper than vanity alone.
Bejeeepers, I was a vain ass dick in those days but maybe the difference was, I tried to look good (if in fact I ever did) by the way I played.

In Paintball, just as it is in every other sport, what defines you as a player, is what you have won and then a fair way's back, what you can do.
How you look is academic in sporting terms but the joke is, we have so called pros over here who think if they call each other 'dude' and talk the talk, they think they are budding Ollies, well they ain't, nowhere frikkin near it, and they won't be till they start winning something but that ain't gonna happen I'm afraid.
Well, it can happen if we ship in other nationals to bolster the roster but we won't be getting any Brit playing squad win a damn thing for a very long time to come.

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
Oh, and anyone remember Vents Predator? I still have a mint one at home, in camo. Would be über-agg these days.
I still have a mint set of predator vents......

:cool:

Things did seem a little rougher round the edges back then.....I do still remember that looking good was part of it (We all started wearing black when the Preds did)....but somehow, today is different.

Have we got to a point where we rely so heavily on the technology that we feel it supplements for skill? Maybe your right Robbo, maybe we are seeing things through rose-tinted glasses......

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I still have a mint set of predator vents......

:cool:

Things did seem a little rougher round the edges back then.....I do still remember that looking good was part of it (We all started wearing black when the Preds did)....but somehow, today is different.

Back then looking good equalled looking scary to your opponent. Now it just means looking like a cross between a skaterboy and a rockstar that stood next to an exploding paint factory. :D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Jay, I first saw the Mag when it was launched in Nashville in 1990 at Jim Liveley's tournament we (NWC) went to.
Tom Kaye was touting it about and when I saw it, I thought holy sh!te, that's gonna change our sport if he gets it to work properly.
Swarm won that event and guess what they used?
Yeah, the Mag..and I have said many times before and I think John Sosta would agree, the Automag was by far, the greatest marker ever designed and I suggest this because, it hardly ever went wrong and had the fewest number of moving parts that you could possibly have when designing a semi-automatic marker.
Its design was classically simple and elegant... a true masterpiece of design engineering.
I used that marker for over 7 years and I can honestly say, that in all those events I played, it went wrong on the field of play less than a handful of times.

Quite true. I had one (and one of those Colonial rip offs) and despite me trying my utmost, I just couldn't get it to quit on me.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
Plus all the men were men, and all the women stayed in the kitchen. None of this weird androgynous sh!t. We'd take a hot, 320 fps ball to the face and laugh! ;)
I did last week!

Guess it wouldn't have happened if I'd stayed in my kitchen... :p