Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

your 2 cents about the Matrix...

hi just a sugestion......

you could always ask Jeves he did a write up for me from the newbies prespective, spikee would have brought one but could find little info on the net as to servicing.......... Silly boy did not talk to me so was not aware we are all set to do a matrix tec course. lol so he's brought a cocker. To the best of my knowledge (limited) they are a cross between a cocker and an angel. Having held one in each hand there was very little in it both were black virtually the same weight and balance not much in firring but then I do not have super fast trigger finger.

Up to you mate but I do know there are loads more cool add ons and custom bits for them now and I can only see that getting better.

Hope this helps or just plain gets the ball rolling.

Peace love and cookies

Sparklie

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Case

The Jeeves has arrived!:D
I am quite new but I have played with the matrix a couple of times (thanx Sparklie). Like I said, I am new so I only have my cocker, a shocker and a site spyder to compare it to.
I am small so it was a bit heavy for me, but I havent really held an angel so I cant compare (look at what Sparklie said). It shoots really nice and it is well balanced. The trigger is nice and short, I found it pretty accurate.
It is slighty lighter than the shocker I used but heavier than my stock 2001 cocker.
Not much else to say apart from that mate. Hope it helps.

hey, two of my friends on my team have already purchased the matrix marker and i can seriously recommend them. i have found them to be light, fast (very very fast!) and consistent over the chrono!. one issue that cud be raised is the problem of gas consumption but this problem has been tackled by diablo and aardvark in the form of a new bolt which is soon to become readily available. there are lots of upgrades to consider and the trigger pull can be taken down to some of the shortest pulls ive seen. i have only used one a few times but i have found there accuracy and range to be pretty much on par with a cocker (the best!) all in all this is a very good gun and i seriously reccomend it!:D hope this helps u on ur quest to marker enlightenment!:D

Clayton

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
I personally own the matrix. I've played with it once and shot it about four times (yeah its like a week old) and i would like to list the pros and cons

Pros: Ultra fast. Granted i do play the piano but i can rip out sixteen a second with this piece of beauty, i'm sure eve the slowest fingers can do ten.
Pretty accurate: It's got the potential to be great... But i'm using the stock barrel. Its still bretty sickly accurate, and when my all american comes its gonna be a dart machine
Highly upgradable: aardvarkdirect.com has enugh upgrades to keep even the most freewilled spender happy for a while
Comfortable: I like the way it feels, i'm thirteen, 5'6 and 115 and i can hold it comfortably, you better be able to.
With right paint, doesn't chop. Period.
No chops even outshooting my hopper.

Cons:
Gas hog, but fixable with new bolt
new reg requires small mod to get up to turney level velocity: unscrew the bottom half of the reg, and place a dime below the spring to create a little more volume. Otherwise it will max out around 260-270
Maintenance a little more than angel, but a lot less than a cocker. Basically you should spend about fifteen minutes ever couple of cases lubing ur bolt.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Even with the MODs that have been released for it the Matrix still sucks down the gas. It was recommended to me to use no smaller than a 88/4500 tank with it. So I decided against the Matrix. But everyone I know who have played with them enjoyed the crap out of them and would recommend them as well!