Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your federation feedback....

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
Your Views on the good and bad of Federation Cup Guys......

As Team Captain Of RAMPAGE .. These are my views..

THE GOOD..

The Venue was Spot on, The CPPS Venue is awsome, and Rich and his Merry Men have set the bar for things to come i feel..

The Trade stands, Plenty of them with the only lacking people being Dye and Planet...

The Food and entertainment supplied was great and just needed more people attending.

THE BAD....

The Lack of teams i felt let the event down and feel that the federation were let down, i also feel that perhaps some of the federation politics are causing a rift between the teams that could attend but won't.

The Race to 2 format..
For those 8 teams that qualified on the saturday through to the last eight i feel were let down because of the lack of games we ended up with..

To play a straight elimination event at this level i feel @ the price charged was a let down i would have got better Value for money if we hadn't got through to the sunday club and played for the Fed Plate Instead..

We played 2 points today and i think 10 points on saturday and if we had payed the full cost of £325 for this event do the federation feel that a charge of £27 everytime we went through those nets is real value for money.. ??

I feel it should have been run the same as the saturday with the groups split into 2 lots of 4 and played through with the top 2 teams out of each group going through into the semi's and finals..

This way atleast teams might have felt their money was well spent...

Then we get to the M5 Event, who in there right mind would field xball teams against M5 Teams, that was just plain crazy, these teams had no chance against these well seasoned tourney players..
Must have been someones idea of a joke i guess...

Ohhhh and one last thing, thankyou to the the noisy generator owner that kept im sure most of the campers awake saturday night and part of sunday until it desided to give up the ghost...

Guys and Gals please post your views as this is the only way i feel the Federation can see it from a players point of view.....

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
The Race to 2 format..
For those 8 teams that qualified on the saturday through to the last eight i feel were let down because of the lack of games we ended up with..

To play a straight elimination event at this level i feel @ the price charged was a let down i would have got better Value for money if we hadn't got through to the sunday club and played for the Fed Plate Instead..
Hi Carl,

I have to agree with you on this point. We really enjoyed Saturday and both of my teams made it through to "Sunday club", however, we now wished that one team hadn't made it through so at least some of my juniors would have got more than a couple of games this morning which was a shame really.

Aside from this, we had a good weekend - great venue as most of us northern teams already know, great competition and good reffing.

Thanks to all :)

Ainsley

Scotty J M

UK Asylum Div 1 CPPS
Mar 10, 2008
Brackley
Some good points there Raider.

The weekend as a whole was fun and enjoyable. and like to say thank you to the fed board for putting on this event :D

Good Points:
Venue Spot on, CPPS venue is always a good venue to play at.

Refs on Saturday on the the Eclipse field, were spot on all day with the 3/4 matches we had on that field.

Teams, the teams we played all gave us a fantastic game and thank you for that.

Trade show was sweet, shame no big companies showed up.. but thank you to all the the trade stands that did show up, well worth a look here and there.

Bad Points:

Schedule: We played the first match on the eclipse field at 10am, and then we didnt have one match intill 2pm. thats a stupid amount of time to wait. I always thought that it should of been run like the CPPS is run. race to 2 in the morning, race to 4l in the afternoon. to stop these delays and allows teams to chill abit more before/after their games.

Pits: i found that there wasnt alot of pit area, and teams had to stage outside rather than under a tent, if it rained teams would have be screwed. More tents would be better.

Not all the Fed Board members rode the Bull.. next time it should be compulsory!

I'd like to thank to say thank you again to all the teams, refs, and organisers for making the event a fantastic weekend :D

Scotty
NPF Academy

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
impulse only turned up for the sunday ,but with what i was told must agree with at least 90%
of what you are saying
dye and planet turning up, can understand why they are not there as most of the traders are their dealers
but techies would have been nice from both companies
as for the formats ,i personally think it was wrong ,it should have been xball and 5 man ,with the xball lads that didn,t qualify playing race to 2 on the sunday
5man being over 2 days half the games one day other half and finals the following ,
obviously the ratio needs to be worked out so the event runs smoothly
unfortunately for the feds the timing of this event was not the greatest (out of their hands)
due to other events.
as for the lack of teams,this maybe a combination of 2 things
scheduling of event (beyond their control)
and politics
politics is the major problem that the sport of paintball needs to combat in the uk
people within the sport need to look at the bigger picture
if we look at other sports people don,t get on but it doesn,t effect that sport
this can not be blamed on the feds alone, this is a problem on all sides
so if we as a whole want this sport to progress
we all need to grow up
that goes for companies and players alike
put the politics on the shelf and lets all play ball
if this happened this event could be one of the best in europe:first:

these are my thoughts and mine alone

psycho

Baggin ain't easy!
Apr 2, 2003
Stoneys Basement
Fed

Site: Awesome as ever!!

Uk weather: Dodgy

Event timing is stupid, 2 weeks after last CPPS and 2 weeks before Paris..

Without backing from our sponsors we could not have afforded to play..

A suggestion I heard from a few people over weekend... Why not have fed cup in the middle of the year which counts for both CPPS and NSPL.. Makes a lot of sense..:rolleyes:

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
psycho brill idea
fed cup should be like the fa cup in football
open house for all teams to enter
i;e yanks and european teams aswell

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
Good event, Great xball division, even better site, like i keep saying for sure the best venue in the UK hands down, i thought the way the divisions worked was good, we didnt make it through to sunday club in the xball then came 2nd in the fed plate, but trade all them games for a crack at the knockouts on the sunday even if we had fell at the first hurdle, the knockouts wasnt about number of games but trying to win a tournement???? weather was defo dodgy though lol site held up well, reffing was generally good with the refs being hard but seeming consistant indoing so which sometimes doesnt seem to happen, maybe the ref training helped this! and come on guys massive prize pool, and HK army playing this event was good to watch and even better watching the temper boys beat the yanks!.

and isnt the whole point of the fed to bring the community together? thats there aim and what there trying to do so i believe we need to back it!

A well done to birmingham disruption for defending there title as champions of the uk well done boys next up paris :D

Reactions: Spike

Nickeroo

Honorary Canadian
May 16, 2007
Wales
just a note... seemed kind of pointless for the likes of Dye or Eclipse to bring a trade tent when you had LIPS, BZ, Just PB & Warped all selling DYE & Eclipse gear....