Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your first tournament experience

Inferno

Paintball Addict
How did you do at your first tournament? The reason I ask is because I had my first (local) tournament this weekend. We played against people that would usually tear through, but when we faced them in the tournament we played like dogsh*t, and were beaten- badly. This sucks.

Diggie

Great Balls of Styrofoam
That's usually the way things go in tournaments. The first few times is just rough, but logically if you work on your game you could actually win some.

Our first tourney was a 2-man indoor in January 2000. We won two out of eight games, but in the end we were awarded the Most Sporting Team award, something I still take quite some pride in doing so.

Find your level

I played my first tourney on Feb 16th in the UK Series 2002 league with a scratch team of beginners, we expected to get ripped apart but found we were average for the novice division, we won 3 and lost 3 finishing 4th out of 7.

We were dead chuffed but the teams that beat us ripped us apart without mercy. We can now see what we need to work on. The break, the moving up and the shooting bit:D

You will get there!

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I won the first tourney i ever entered... I was one of three blokes under 16 who were being helped out by Andy (who now works at Campaign - not Piper, the other one) and another geezer of more mature years:D .

We were leading until lunch and then slipped up in a couple of the afternoon games and slipped into third with one game to play which was against the tournament leaders at the time... Needless to say, they lost and went hot over the chrony so we ended up winning!

Hurrah!

ps, that was quite a few years ago now.

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
First tournament was at Bullswood Skirmish. It was snowing and anybody who knows me will know I hate the cold. Anyway running a gun on CO2 did nothing but get the team penilty points all day. We (Overlord at the time) should have come 2nd but ended up coming 4th:(

That beep keeps coming back to me in nightmares:mad:

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Inconsistent

It was a 3-man tournament, my teammates were shot within the first three minutes of the first game. I made it to the middle and shot one of them, advanced on the other two, and was shot in the hand. I played well that game, even though we lost. The next game I was shot out early in the game, so was our back man. Luckily our teammate pulled through. We actually played one game at the top of all our levels, and destroyed the other team. It just seems that our consistency sucks.