Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your help would be appreciated!

Guys,

For those of you that don’t know, about five months ago I moved to Australia but before the rumors start to fly, I am still playing with the Rushers and we are stronger than ever, Although it’s a very long flight to get the tourneys and jet lag may be my enemy!

Back to original point, here in Australia, Paintball is governed by some of the strictest rules you will find in our sport, so many, it is impossible to list all the restrictions but I will list a few.

In the state of WA – Total Ban on paintball

In the state of NSW – You are not allowed to keep you marker at your home, it must be kept at your local club and you may only have access to it at the club, It cannot be removed for any reason. Plus the following licensing restrictions apply.

In the state of Brisbane- Markers are classed as ‘Category A’ Firearms and to own one you must first take a firearms safety course and then apply to the local police for a license, then if you wish to purchase one you must obtain a “Permit To Acquire” (PTA) from the police and then you may purchase one from a firearms dealer.

In the state of Brisbane – Integrated Barrels such as the freak, are classed themselves as a category A firearm as they can change the bore-size of your barrel. So you must obtain an PTA to buy one and it must be registered on your license.

YOU CANNOT import any semi-auto paintball gun into the country as being semi-auto they are classed as a category C firearm and are prohibited. So as you can imagine any form of top of the range marker is very difficult to find, although a few have managed to get through.

As you can imagine with laws as strict as this the paintball scene down here is extremely limited and extremely expensive. I have set up an internet supply company down here and have all the relevant licenses but it is still very restrictive.

I have been to several meetings with people form the police and the federal government down here and the whole problem is they do not know enough about the sport, legislation is now being put through to change the importation laws. However my endeavor is to meet again with the federal government and the attorney general office with as much information as regards to how other countries deal with the sport and the equipment used within it.

Where I need your help? There are lots of you on these boards with a great deal of knowledge about the laws in your own countries and I am asking for you to share this info with me.

Anyone that has or can get documents or lead me to documents as regards to the laws in different countries can you please let me know, you can send them via post, Email documents or give them to me at one of the millennium events if you are attending.

The whole idea is to bring Aussie ball in line with the rest of the world and to make it possible for the guys down here to perhaps play some off the world events and see how much our sport is growing, at presnt you might get your marker out of the countri but you will not get it back in!!

What’s in it for you? Directly, not a lot but I would appreciate your help and of course the bigger we can make our sport grow the better. For product manufacturers then if you can help lift the laws down here then there is a whole untapped market waiting to buy your gear.

If you can help… either contact me via the board or email me at glimmer1@bigpond.com

Thanks in advance for your help guys, see you in Portugal.

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Sounds like you could be doing great things for paintball in Australia mate, good luck to ya!

Check out the UKPSF web site which is the UK governing authority on paintball (I think - well they know a lot about it in the UK anyways!)

Check this link: http://www.ukpsf.com/paintballandthelaw.htm
For some good info. on paintball guns and the laws regarding them.
I'm sure that if you e-mail someone at the site they may be able to mail you some more tangable documents should you require them.

I also think that 'Hotpoint' on the board knows alot about the stuff going on with PBall and the laws in the UK at the mo. Try e-mailing him through his screename.

Hope that helps and again good luck - sounds like you're really gonna need it! :)

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Wow... I'm considered an authority :D

Pete, I just emailed you some basic data and I'll be digging up the actual wording of the UK Firearm Acts if you want them (and if I can find my copies... I may have to get some replacements)

Quite a few politicians in Australia seem to be quite anti-paintball mainly because of its paramilitary image. Good luck in converting the heathen

styles mugger

Dum...dum.....DUMMMM!!!
Jan 14, 2002
In my head, NOOOOO!!!!!!!
Visit site
Wow it sounds like all the firearms laws need updating from way back when australia was full of convicts or not far off that day & age.(light hearted joke,i know people who live in aussie land so pls dont start having a dig at me!).
Really gud solicitors(not cheap!)tend 2 know loop holes in the law also some people in the police mite know sum(if they actually know the law:D ).
U know where to turn too if need help,yea mates in tropical britain/people on this web site!:)
Gud luck with it!:)

SHERIFF SKULLS

MMMMmmmmmmm new MATRIX
Jul 9, 2001
essex
Visit site
Its not so long ago that we had the same laws over here when i started paintball guns were clased as class 5 firearms the same as shotguns,this is why the ukpsf was started .
Good luck mate i've played in oz in 93 when it was compleatly band so hang in there.:cool:

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
What do you people do down there to make your politicians so anal, and more to the point, why do you vote such close minded people into office in the first place? Anyway, why not show them tourney videos and actual literature about the sport...and since when has adventure stuff been non-typical in Australia? For heaven's sake you people have more adventure and danger down there than most of the planet, yet your gun laws suggest pantywaisted liberal pinkos that want you to wear a helmet when you go shopping in the mall. Does anyone other than me see the gross discrepancy here?

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Originally posted by KillerOnion
yet your gun laws suggest pantywaisted liberal pinkos that want you to wear a helmet when you go shopping in the mall.
Okay this is way off topic but why "liberal pinkos"? A liberal is someone who is open minded and is neither left nor right wing. As the liberal Political Theorist J.S. Mill said "The only justifiable limit on freedom is when the exercise of that freedom infringes on the liberty of others"

Nb. Banning things is more in tune with the conservative, or authoritarian left, political traditions

Like I said way off-topic for which I apologise. Just a mild rant from a Political-Science Graduate ;)

Anyhow back to Paintball :D

Don't Know if this is of any help

Becuase I am afraid I don't know the details but I know on Jersey the law is slightly different (you need some kinda license to own a marker) to that on the mainland, this might be worth investigating as a compromise to offer.

Richard

P.s. Liberals are famously wishy washy as well as "open minded" I think this is what gets up KO's nose. Obviously not ALL liberals, it just is a tendancy.

Oh KO you can only vote in the people who stand, and alot of the time political parties stance can get in the way of an individual's feelings.

Anyways this is not a politics board, so if you disagree with me, then please put it down to my ignorance

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Yeah nice one Hotpoint

I think we know what KillerOnion was trying to say and that liberalism has come to mean something other than your definition.

The point is that we are all being nanny'd by the state far too much and that the Aussies have got it worse than us

Mark

Oh and Pete Martin is an Englishman (plays for the Rushers) and is in Aus trying to do something about it!!

Good luck bud