Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your ideas please...

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
better enforced goggle rules. At Campaign on one field, this ref says 10 secs.......we get ready, I look up to where I am running to and theres another ref sitting on a bunker looking at the field next to us with no goggles on! The game started and he jumped up and awkwardly slung em on his face!

Also goggles at the chrono station. Everytime I queue up in a "chrono line" you get a crowd of people going
"goggles mate........goggles mate........HEY DUDE! GOGGLES"
to some guy

and

"whoa barrel bung!!!!" and people ducking

well thats barrel bungs but I was on that track :) .

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
Barrel vings are most certainly not safe, i have seen them blown out of guns on many occasions. I also think that air tanks should have a quick inspection before they can be filled (some events don't bother), air filters should be on ALL filling stations, i have had to, on more than one occasion, open up my reg & seperate it from the bottle to get a load of mud and sh*t out of it.

There should also be proper proceedings for those who lose barrel bungs/ bags on the feild, i've done it a coupla times. I think barrel should be removed, along with the bolt and hopper.

Most of the google safety and stuff is doe by players really, because most refs are marshalling games, and there is really no preblem here, because everyone is really very vigilant, but i still think that a set of rules regarding safety should be made available to/ given to teams vefore a tourney :)

Just Gill

Platinum Member
don't ban ....

i don't think we should give people advice on what kind of shoes to wear !! what else can we laugh at if people stop turning up on site in white trainers ??

i agree about the barrel bungs though. and definitely about people not dry-firing in the safe zone. As a non-player, i'm always in the safe zone and it's damned annoying.

and what about people having to wear neck guards ? i think that's becomming more and more important. and after that incident with iain outkast - what about wearing goggles to fill with air? Hpac's air and equipment is always spot on but what about when they're not doing the air or if people's kit isn't up to spec?

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
As far as I can remember from Campaign H-Pac checked everyones bottles, date etc. Then put a sticker on the bottle's saying they had been checked and okay to use.

In theory anyone trying to fill up at their air station without a sticker could/should be stopped.

This may all be a figment of my imagination though :). Good idea though.

LV 4 26

Millsy- Back Baby
I am not sure how you could enforce this but the amount of trees that are cut off at about a foot in lenght and left sticking out of the ground. Allways a classic for popping a bone out. I think that is how (forget his name now) broke his leg at a well known site in the uk. Have regurlar inspections of your site to counteract this and keep a record of findings and maintenance. Could help with insurance. Also inform site operators if you notice any.

Millsy

Ledz

Jul 13, 2001
Planet Planet
www.planeteclipse.com
Glad you put the p.s. in or I could have been here all night !

One thing that is worrying me is that there seems to be a lot of training fields here and there popping up (which I think is great) and I can bet you that none of them have insurance! I just think people don't know where to go and how to go about it or they just think it's going to be too expensive, so don't bother. I know it's not a safety issue and you would rather fix a problem before it needs to go to insurance but I think people just need to know the facts and if possible the cost.

U coming out for a few cheeky scoops tomorrow (Thursday)?

LEDZ

Trace UK Chameleons

Capt. UK Chameleons
Jul 8, 2001
Sheffield, England.
Visit site
Dry- Firing

Dry Firing will always be done.

To be fair you do need to dry fire your marker, for testing/setting up etc.
It is annoying when players just fire for the sake of it, I know I have loads of em do it in my team......

Introduce a dry firing box or something similar.

Cheers

Trace

Dry-firing somewhere near U soon.
:cool: