Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your opinion on shin/knee guards

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
I am about to buy some new shin/knee guards because my other ones (fox motocross) are - well on their last legs & having knees which have seen better days (no more boarding on dry slopes :( ).

Well the two I am torn between are:

JT e-Motion Knee/Shin Guards

&

Raven Knee/Shin Guards

If any of you have got or have used either can you let me know what you think of them as I havn't got a store close to me that stocks them so can't try them for my self & have to order online.

Cheers

Jon

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
I have the JT emotion ones and am not a big fan! the straps side up and dig into the creases of my knees, the design is quite clever in that they are designed to move with your leg unfortunatley they don't really work! However they do the job, are good for sliding and protect my knees/shins.

I haven't seen/used the Raven so can't comment.

Paul
:D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Have you thought about the Rase ones from Smart Parts? I find mine very comfortable & they don't dig in at all. Bit stiff the first couple of times I used them but nice & flexible now.

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Originally posted by Liz
Have you thought about the Rase ones from Smart Parts? I find mine very comfortable & they don't dig in at all. Bit stiff the first couple of times I used them but nice & flexible now.
Yeah I saw images of them, but they didn't look as well built (thats the probs with not seeing them first hand :( ) and I want as much protection on my knees as poss :) still waiting for the lump to go where my old ones decided to give way at N vs S ;)

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Don't forget the old classic pads made by Trace. They may be quite expensive, but they are soooooo think and soft. Even back in the woods I had no worries throwing my self into a mad-ass slide over tree roots and the like.

And any pads which take bounces from 6 feet are fine by me :D