Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

your views on hoppers?

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
ok i'm running an e-bladed cocker and need a new hopper, i'm not the fastest fingered player out there by any means so a halo is probably overkill but :
Are the halo's worth it and is reliability that much of an issue with them?
Are the eggy's always breakin?
Will a revvy keep up with my artheritic fingers?
Or basically what are your thoughts, i don't mind spending the money but i want a hopper that's going to last and be quick enough for me and my gun?
Your thoughts would be welcome?
cheers

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
budgie, i've been told the eggs are always breaking, and i must admit they do feel like they are made of ****e plastic, do they hold up ok are do i buy shares in spare parts?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The trouble with eggs, is the battery door clips, which are just to flimsy. They are revamping the shells so this will hopefully be cured.
With the shells cracking, that's down to people over tightening the screws.
At the end of the day it's a good hopper, but if you want the best speed it has to be a halo.

PaintballBudgie

Stroke the badge Kenneth!
I admit I keep plenty of spares but then they are cheap. If you don't tighten anything until it cracks you should be fine. I have never had the battery door clips brake on me. (Just on every egg I buy 2nd hand).

I still find a lot of markers don't like Halo's. Maybe its just me not being bothered to set them up right.

I will be buying a Reloader B shortly for my Alias.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Halo > all

Sure, they're a little tougher to take apart, but how often are you stripping down your hopper anyway? I've taken mine apart all of about twice since I got it over a year ago. No cheap POS plastic clips to break off, no crappy lid, no obnoxious shape that detracts from the look of any marker it's on, and to top it off, faster than any other conventional hopper. What more you lookin' for?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
In defence of the Egg, I find it easier to reload while shooting than a Halo. The shells are fragile, though. Good to hear they are doing a redesign. It is way overdue.

Silky

-Relentless-
Aug 31, 2004
had an egg and just bought a halo and its much better mainly for the reasons stated above. i find the halo easier to load but i guess its personal pref