Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

your views on hoppers?

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
buy and egg and reinfrce it's weak areas- wrap insulation tape around the feed neck and screws - this stops any hits to the front weakening the plastic- also find your own way to hold the battery tray on- i used a piece of duct tape over the door- this held it no problems.

eggs are good but the halo is better an faster- just has a smaller capacity and a poor reliability rate- also they're are an absolute bitch to clean.

A.B

p.s i shoot 2 halos and 1 egg ( for when they both break)

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
thanks AB, that's probably the way i'll go, but you have to admit it's a sad state that paintball is in when you can spend thousands on a marker and your game is stopped by a £50-100 lump of unreliable plastic.
Hoppers get shot that's a fact, so why we have to put up with brittle hoppers and lids is beyond me?
You can shoot a tupperware box at point blank and not damage it yet your hopper gets skimmed by a ball from 50 yards and ker-ching goes the shops cash register.
:(

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Talking about eggs, i have some high capacity pp3 rechargeables coming tomorrow, and i'll give them a test on the weekend.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by manike
Trust me, we would much rather that stuff didn't break.

Edit: Unless you are talking about Egg's in which case I don't mind them breaking one bit... ;)
Could the reloader be made in the 'old skool' revy type plastic? or is it too soft?

L J

big big titties
ive owned both eggs, and halos. my reviews:

had 3 eggs (just incase:rolleyes: )
reasonably quick, z board was much better but still not quick enough for me, reliablity was excellent, one egg NEVER brokw down in 1 and a half years. the cosmetic spares are cheap and easy to get, but internal spares are not available readily

Halo:
had 3. heard rumours of their unreliability. tried them out, had 2 V board and one z board, V35 board was my main used one. impossibly quick, loved the position it had on my gun, good weight, and held a good amount of balls, drinks batteries if you dont unplug them after use. i have had one break on me yet
the spares are hard to get hold of usually, but i found them really easy to fix just like an egg (im technically minded though)
if you have the money, go for the halo, awesome speed, awesome everything!