The Home Of European Paintball

your views on hoppers?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Collier
Could the reloader be made in the 'old skool' revy type plastic? or is it too soft?
If you don't want them to be clear...

New shells are also made out of a different material which is more resilient than some of the previous Reloaders.

I tested the reloader 2 by throwing it 20-30 feet into the air and letting it land on a solid concrete floor. Mine barely even has scuff marks on it.

There is more to the plastics in a loader, than just picking the right one. Using it correctly in the tool is the difference between a shell you can hit with a sledge hammer without it breaking and a shell where you can step on it and crush it like an egg (geddit? ;) ).

As numbers go up, so does the chance of getting a bad batch of plastic, :( but we honestly try very hard to stop such items getting out to the public.

I also design new shells with decent wall thicknesses and to reduce weak spots/stress locations as far as possible, but as ever there is a fine line between what people want in strenght as compared to weight.

The original Halo was far too over engineered because it was an untested concept. As time goes on expect to see developments in materials, and performance, and weight, and functionality etc.

I don't believe it sitting still and resting on laurels. If you aren't going forwards you are going backwards. :D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by L J
what about a thin aluminium shell?:D its light, and yes it can get dented, by you can push it back...
Don't tempt me... :D we have actually been discussing machining some shells for that twin loader project...

But they would be stupid expensive.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by L J
i cant imagine it would cost much more for aluminium shells, i know aluminium is expensive, but it would have to be more than 3mm thick surely, or cant an alloy be made?i would happily pay £10 more to have a guaranteed shell of at least 3 years:)
How would you make these shells?

If you machined them = stupid expensive (what I was talking about for my prototypes).

If you diecast them as an alloy then you get a nasty surface finish which doesn't anno well. And which destroys tools at a rate of knotts, so higher tooling cost per part.

Aluminium shells in the same thickness as plastic would weigh far more.

You can't get clear aluminium commercially available... yet... ;)

martin

am member
Dec 12, 2001
Visit site
14bps

the way i read that is that it will produce 14 bps reliable?

one question simon is there alow level bat light on the reloader b as mine just gets slower? Also have you looked at the shocktec cone?
Does the weight effect the spin speed on the drive come spring?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I'd think that die cast is the way to go with aluminum shells. If people want to polish them and anodize, let 'em do it themselves. One question: what about bead blasting the surface? Wouldn't that give a better appearance and allow for better ano?

Hopefully the shells would be a touch thinner than the current plastic sells...

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by gyroscope
I'd think that die cast is the way to go with aluminum shells. If people want to polish them and anodize, let 'em do it themselves. One question: what about bead blasting the surface? Wouldn't that give a better appearance and allow for better ano?

Hopefully the shells would be a touch thinner than the current plastic sells...
already thought about that,but the finishing quality's would be dear:(