Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your views on the Ion

Viper9201

Oct 4, 2006
I had an Ion as my starter marker. Was lucky enough that the feedneck fitted my Reloader perfectly :D. I did get a barrel kit, which made it more than suitable for playing with.

Some people seem to forget that it is a starter marker, for £150. For that money you can't complain.

The first time I took it apart, I was a bit unsure, but anyone new to the sport will have the same problem, doesn't matter what gun it is.

Overall, yes, the gun has some problems, but for the price, they're easily forgotten and is a great starter marker.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
It would be interesting to find out where the people who hated their Ions bought theirs from, and the same with those who had no problems.

If the marker is bought from a reputable dealer who is a recognised SP reseller (and who therefore probably check the marker is OK before shipping it/handing it over), and if the shop cares about their customers enough to show them basic maintenance, then they are a fine first tournament marker. OK so the feedneck doesn't suit all loaders - well I had to have 2 different loaders in the old days to fit on my Angel & my Impulse. So the barrel might not be the best - don't know many markers who have a really great barrel as bog standard rather than an upgrade. And the set-up doesn't suit everyone - well duh we are all different, what suits one person won't suit another.

And I'd rather buy a new marker than a 2nd/3rd/4th hand one that I don't know whether it's been maintained properly or not for the same purchase price.

Dr3d

www.team-sexlife.co.uk
Oct 20, 2006
nr Holmbush
www.team-venom.co.uk
I beleve you could do a hell of alot worse than an Ion for your money, great starter marker, to get your teeth into, helps build your confidence when learning to strip and clean fix etc, get another feed neck for it and a decent asa and barrel kit, then go shoot some peeps :) then after all that go buy an ego or an Angel. Lets face it why kill a brand new ferrari when your learning to drive....

craig_t

#23 vudoo's mofo
Jul 16, 2006
Aycliffe
for your money a ion is a great starter marker!!!! as a newbie how fast are you going to be shooting that a ion cant keep up with it ;) i got a ion to start with and i still have it im only just starting to put any real ups on it, the first thing i got was a on/off so i could get rid of the rail on the ion!!! Iv got a Q-lock and that is about all i neaded and i practised everyday from when i got it for about a month on my fingers, tapping on th desk, walking the trigger etc and im glad i did but i would say a firebolt as it dramatically improved the speed of cycling the marker.

as a first marker for a newbie its fie and just to make an example
my mate on my team had a 06 ego and thought he'd buy a ion as a little project asnd maybe to keep as a backup marker in the end his ion was so fast and so nice he sold his ego and his main marker is his ion which is damn nice

Craig